Desperate need for some Rubicon pull outs (13-17 JK)

BlackKnight
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Desperate need for some Rubicon pull outs (13-17 JK)

Unread post by BlackKnight »

Well, all was well this afternoon till all of a sudden...

Boom, Crunch, Crunch, BANG bang...

I thought I lost a Driveshaft just as I was coming to the exit of the Highway...

Let's say that wasn't the only thing., The Pinion exploded inside the Differential, cracked the side wall of the pumpkin and the Stub of the Pinion and the ass end of the driveshaft is somewhere out on 495 north near the Rt 62 Exit...

I managed to drive it with the front wheels to get it off the highway, looked at things, and got it the rest of the way home after putting a limiting strap on the driveshaft to hold it up. I went under it at home to see the damage. Rear Axel it totalled, Driveshaft too..

I'm now desperately looking for a pair of Rubicon takeouts. If anyone has a set or sees a set, please let me know ASAP. I prefer a Rubi set, as I don't want to have to regear for the Stock Dana 30 front (or gear the 30 to the rear for that matter), and would rather just replace both at the same time (and lockers to boot).

send me a PM and I'll email you back ASAP, Note I leave for Spain on the 16th and arrive back on the 26th. so if you ping me at that time I'll be on a different time schedule and may not contact you back right away...
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars
Car Jack
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2014

Re: Desperate need for some Rubicon pull outs (13-17 JK)

Unread post by Car Jack »

I've seen them quite a lot on Failbook marketplace. I think I just searched "Rubicon axles". I've spoken to other Baystaters who've done this too. You may have a drive. I had one set near Waterbury, CT, so a couple hours for me.
BlackKnight
BSJ Member

Found a set in Boston,

Does anyone know a guy named Marshall Harris?
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars
BlackKnight
BSJ Member

ROFLMAO!!!

Still haven’t heard anything from the Facebook seller, but I contacted Steve over at Off-road Elements to find out availability and schedules to get on the list if needed, told him that i may have found a set. When i described them, and told him the sellers name, he told me he's literally looking at his Jeep. It's in the shop waiting on work. LOL!!!

They were going to be calling him today, i asked them to let him know that he has a buyer in this small world…
--
BlackKnight
BSJ Member

Here are the axle descriptions:
Dana 44 Axles for Jeep JK years 2007 - 2018
UPGRADED Rubicon D44 Axles
* 4.88 Gears (5k miles)
* 5 x 5 Bolt Pattern (5x127)
* E-Lockers Front and Rear
* G2 Rear Off-Road Chromoly Shafts
* RCV Fronts
* Ultimate 44 front housing
* ARB Differential Covers
* EVO Shock Riser & Skids - Rear
* Dynatrac ProGrip Braking System
* Teraflex Ball Joints
* SFR 1 Ton Steering
--