Pictures from 10/30 Run

** NO TRAIL NAMES **
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Re: Pictures from 10/30 Run

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

Voodoo Chile wrote:Joe looks like you had some fun too! we should think about planing a club run at night next year somewhere tame. :)
Yeah, there were a couple of spots. I didn't make one ledge after the first couple of rigs laid down some goo on the rocks. I didn't feel so bad though, when the 454 'Yota on Rockwells (w/ 4 wheel steer) didn't either. It's amazing that my junk runs a whole Jeep V8 of less displacement (304 cubic inches). I can go further on a gallon of 87 though :lol:
Some of those climbs makes me want to swap in that fuelie 305 TBI sitting in my shed. Meh - I would probably break too much.
Last edited by ZAEDOCK on Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carl McFly wrote:X2, I agree with Joe. And not just because he's man candy
BSJ President 2003 - 2005
catie14
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2009
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by catie14 »

anyone know why they are shutting this place down?
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

catie14 wrote:anyone know why they are shutting this place down?
In a nutshell: The land is owned by Cowls Lumber, one of the largest landowners in mASS, who pay millions in property taxes. Like everyone else, they are hurting with the economy. Cowls worked out a deal with the state to lessen the tax burden in exchange for a conservation easement. Conservation easements in the state of mASSachusetts, do not include motorized recreation.

It really does suck and I wish it was different, but Cowls has been VERY good to us and they need to do this to stay alive.
Carl McFly wrote:X2, I agree with Joe. And not just because he's man candy
BSJ President 2003 - 2005
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

I found the spring mounts broken off the frame ! 6 yrs worth of beatings and it broke. Gonna fire the welder ! Thank god for the grade 8 bolts. Thought the steering was a bit sluggish coming out of the trail. When I hit that bump with the right front tire , it went crazy. Heard many guys talking about it on the high way, I couldnt imagine that at speed. I was only doing about 35-40 and the poop came out ! Might have it fixed for the weekend ? FjR68