No crank

Apmurphy317
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2006
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

No crank

Unread post by Apmurphy317 »

Wicked random issue came up last night. My wife took my TJ out for some errands in the morning and parked like normal. I went to take it out last night and no crank. Radio, lights, everything working normally. I have installed a new battery, terminals, starter, alternator, used a multimeter to check the ignition at the key, made sure the engine is not seized, replaced the starter relay and checked all the fuses, wires, and connections. Battery has ~13v, starter has power and I jumped it to make sure it spins. I am 100% perplexed. Was hoping to do the night ride this weekend but not if my Jeep doesn't start.. The only other thing I could think of is a bad clutch safety switch, but it won't turn over in 4low, either. Any help would be extremely appreciated!
BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005

Re: No crank

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

Try a different key, these have an immobilizer in them. Not sure how the system works, but maybe that is having an issue.
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly
Apmurphy317
BSJ Member

Tried the spare, no luck. Ordered a new clutch safety switch and ignition starter switch, will see if those help. My luck it's probably just a loose ground wire somewhere.
Apmurphy317
BSJ Member

Found answers on a TJ forum. Had to replace the ignition switch and actuator pin. All set now 👍