beadlocks

Dirtymonkey
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

beadlocks

Unread post by Dirtymonkey »

ok so i have access to a cnc plasma table and i whant to cut out some beadlock rings. but i am having difficulties finding the dimensions for them i.e. plate thickness inner and outer diameter anyone happen to have a set laying around they can measure. any help would be appreciated. im looking to put them on a set of 15 in steel wheels. :confusion-helpsos:
Kurt
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Re: beadlocks

Unread post by Kurt »

Mine are 17" so they would be of no use.
"Build It, Run It, Break It, Improve It, Repeat!"
NEA Treasurer 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
BSJ Treasurer 2020
Dirtymonkey

I might just buy one measure it and return it.
RalphTomaccio
Jeep Year: 2012
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by RalphTomaccio »

Dirtymonkey wrote:I might just buy one measure it and return it.
On the chance of asking a stupid question: You want to make bead locks for wheels you don't yet own?

(Too late! I asked anyway!). :doh:
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

If you measure the rim your going to use , lay it face up and across the wheel staying inside the bead lip where it flares. That is the piece that gets welded there . There is just enough space for a Popsicle stick to fit on opposite sides to center the ring and have a welding gap. Mine are 32 bolt and are .25" thick and 2.25" wide . Both inside and outside are the same diameter as the tire will be clamped in between. Some sets make the outside ring wider to close the hole in the middle to protect the hub . Hope this helps FjR68
Dirtymonkey

Yes I already have the wheels the only bit of information I'm still hunting for is the diameter of the bolt holes on the ring . So far in the cad program I have it set for .25 plate 32 3/8 bolts the outer ring is going to be 4 in wide and the inner ring is going to be 2.5 wide not sure where I'm placing the holes yet. I have more than enough material I think we have over 30 4x8 .25 sheets so if I screw up I'll just scrap it and cut another one
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

The center of the bolt holes on my Ballistic Fabrication rings is 1.5 from the outer edge . My ring is also 2.5" wide and the out side ring is 3.5. The further the bolts are away from the outer portion of the rings causes what they call "conning" Thats the bending of the inside edges of the rings. After you cone the rings , if you were to invert the ring it wouldnt sit flat on the bench. The inside edge would be off the table , If that makes sense. Some people put a 13" tire bead cut off a tire on that side of the bolts. Ive heard of people using a V-Belt inverted between the plates. It matches the height of you tire bead to stop the cone affect of the rings. FjR68