Hello

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
dEEpBluE4
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2004
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Hello

Unread post by dEEpBluE4 »

Am a new jeep owner, first time, give me a little time to put up all kinds of information because
id like to at least see whats going on on the site. Ive had bad experiences with putting all
my information up at once so i wont do it. (no offese intended) But this is my first jeep and everything seems cool so far.
Been wheeling for a quite while. And work in Boston for a living.
Well thats all for now and have a great day (night ).
Dirtoyz
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: XJ Cherokee

Re: Hello

Unread post by Dirtoyz »

Welcome aboard. Take your time to settle in. You said you work in Boston, implies you dont live in Boston. Not fishing for am address, just curious where you hang out (what town is home).
dEEpBluE4

thats fair, thanks, how are you ? out by (over) like Rte 3 merrimack river,...im sure ill meet people as i go, allready trying to
get used to the waving thing, really didnt know that was not exclusive to bikes. Cool though. Had everthing off the jeep last week, have to get it through my head its easy to underestimate the turn ratio vs how fast your going though im no stranger to short wheel bases and high center of gravity. A bad combination for the un experienced 4x4 driver. But this is definately the squirrelliest ive driven even though everything is new and tight.
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

Welcome to the forum. Share as much or little info as you feel comfortable with.
dEEpBluE4 wrote:allready trying to get used to the waving thing, really didnt know that was not exclusive to bikes. Cool though.
Technically, they copied us. 8-)

dEEpBluE4 wrote: Had everthing off the jeep last week, have to get it through my head its easy to underestimate the turn ratio vs how fast your going though im no stranger to short wheel bases and high center of gravity. A bad combination for the un experienced 4x4 driver. But this is definately the squirrelliest ive driven even though everything is new and tight.
I've always found a Jeep to be easier driving than anything else I've even owned. Personally, I think any vehicle is bad for the inexperienced driver - 4x4 or not. New Jeeps are longer and wider than previous versions, which makes then more stable. Having started out in a Suzuki, Jeeps ride like Caddy's. :lol:
Carl McFly wrote:X2, I agree with Joe. And not just because he's man candy
BSJ President 2003 - 2005
ChrisH
Jeep Year: 2003

Unread post by ChrisH »

Welcome dEEpBluE4.
Si vis pacem, para bellum...

Row faster, I hear banjo music...
DDewar53
Jeep Year: 1990
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by DDewar53 »

Welcome aboard. As has been said, share as little or as much as you're comfortable about yourself.

This IS a Jeep forum, though, so maybe you could share a little about your TJ - just mods, stuff like that.
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert A. Heinlein
dEEpBluE4

thanks all !! mines a TJ, mostly stock, cept for bigger tires, fairly clean, in good shape for its year, its allot better than my old beaters ford and chevy thats for sure. I think it took me a week and a half to come out of the exhaust hangover slash coma, i was in before i got it. Gonna just enjoy a rattle free ride for a while . Ha ha.
DOUG
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2020
Jeep Model: JT Gladiator

Unread post by DOUG »

dEEpBluE4 wrote: allready trying to
get used to the waving thing, really didnt know that was not exclusive to bikes.
Joe is right, the "wave" started when WWII Vets came home and brought Military Jeeps with them, they waved to each other 'cause they knew it was another Vet driving.
http://www.jeepboard.com/jeepwave/mjwhr2.mv

Corvette guys started waving way back too.
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Carl McFly
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2000

Unread post by Carl McFly »

welcome aboard!
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"