winch accessories

COH143
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1993
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Re: winch accessories

Unread post by COH143 »

Warn is one way to go. the other is to think of a winch as a commodity item that will last you some number of years and when it brakes buy a new one. My Super Winch stopped working. I dumped and got another Super Winch for $300. At that price it is not worth trying to fix it unless you can do it yourself.
dvm
Jeep Year: 1998
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by dvm »

I "winch assessoried" up a few months ago. Got enough snatch blocks, Dlinks, straps & a winch xtention line to do the "winch backwards" thing. Now my winch assessory bag it to heavy to get out of my heap! :roll:

Bought a few different types of each, just because. One note, The ARB Snatch Block 7000 - 30,000lb Breaking Strength weights ALOT more than the Superwinch 20,000 lb. one.

Bought some alloy Dlinks , since I never knew they existed previously (7 ton rating for the same size & weight as the standard 4 3/4 ton size, etc.) Unfortunately, they have "China" stamped on them.
http://www.safelandindustrial.com/App/s ... .asp?cid=1
The more I learn, the less I know
redlightrubi
Jeep Year: 2004
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by redlightrubi »

I will be refitting my M8000 with synthetic this winter from the guys at Viking (www.winchline.com), I will be picking up one of their overland (light) recovery kits at the same time.