New guy around here

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
jparker
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1999
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

New guy around here

Unread post by jparker »

Hello all, I would like to thank you guys for adding me to BSJ! Let me give you a run down of how i got here;

I grew up in NH, all my life i have enjoy using atv's/dirtbikes/anything that could get in the woods and get me stuck. When I was a kid i had always wanted a jeep for my first car, but my dad was against it because he thought i would roll it. When i turned 16 (2010) I have the itch every other teenager had when it came to getting his first car, a need to go fast and act dumb when with friends. I got my first car, which was an 01 Mitsubishi Eclipse gt. It was a great first car, but I was not quite satisfied. I eventually saved up enough to get myself a project car for the street/track. I bought a 1995 Mitsubishi GSX, which was in poor running condition when i got it. After hours of trying to figure out how i could fix this thing and turn it into a racecar, I managed to get it to turn over. After weeks of research, I still had no solution to get it in perfect running condition. So I thought to myself what could I do next?

I ended up selling both of my Mitsubishi's and I bought a 2004 Subaru STi, which is probably still my favorite car to this date (that isn't a 4WD). I enjoyed this car for a long time putting as much money as I could into this monster. Nobody in my home town was faster than me while I owned this car. After I had put a ton of miles on it, I thought i should sell it before the resale value dropped significantly. I wanted some not quite as fast, so I decided to get myself something quick and agile, but with less power so I didn't end up hurting myself or someone else.

I bought a 2006 VW GTI, which was probably a big mistake. I ended up putting a ton of money and work into this car to make it so that I was satisfied with my build. By this time it was time for me to go to college (yes, I have a tendency to go through cars quickly). At the end of my sophmore year (Spring of 2014) I was getting bored of the volkswagen, and though it was time for somthing new. My first two years of college I owned the VW, and it was always giving me problems here and there. My Junior year of college (Fall 2014) I moved into an apartment with a few of my friends, one of which happened to share the same passion I did, Cars. He owned a jeep and an old classic mustang, and he would always tell me about how awesome it is to wheel. This got my attention quickly. I thought back to the time when I had always wanted a jeep, and thought this would be a great time to get one! I searched high and low for the right one, while at the same time trying to sell my VW. Once the VW sold, I spent every minute of my spare time trying to find the right Jeep for me. I eventually found the jeep i currently own, my completely stock 1999 Jeep wrangler. I bought it back in October of 2014, and have loved it ever since. It had 99k miles when i first got it, and i have put on a couple thousand since then. I have been working on the jeep since i got it, just like my previous car, I had to make it my own. As of right now, it currently has:

Tuff Stuff 12,500lb winch
31" bfg AT T/A on 15" pro comp wheels
Brand new kicker sound system ( The old one didnt last a week with me, it was blown)
Unbranded Windshield lights (I found them kicking around in my garage)
HiLift Jack mounted to the hood
CB Radio

This past Christmas, my room mate got me the membership to BSJ, and I could not have been happier.

I needed some other things to fit the requirements for the club, so since Christmas I have been researching whats the best and where to buy the products I needed. And that leaves me to right now, the past 5 years of my life have been full of exciting new things and I hope to see you guys out on the trails for a good time! Happy Wheeling!

P.S. I will be posting some pictures of my jeep a little bit later. ;)
RalphTomaccio
Jeep Year: 2012
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Re: New guy around here

Unread post by RalphTomaccio »

Welcome JParker,

Sounds like your life has been cars. Good, as you'll use that experience with your Jeep. It's a great club with helpful and knowledgeable people. We just had a WrenchFest a few weeks ago that you probably would have enjoyed. Don't worry, there will be others!

If you haven't found it yet, here is a link to the club's requirements: http://baystatejeepers.com/join-now/requirements/

Any questions, just ask.
jparker

Unread post by jparker »

Thanks Ralph,

The only thing I am missing out of the reqs would be the fire extinguisher, for now :p
jparker

Unread post by jparker »

Here are some pictures that i promised.
Attachments
When I broke 100k miles!
When I broke 100k miles!
10736024_10205422316867061_522307582_n.jpg
10736160_10205422316507052_1482327544_n.jpg
Marky
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013

Unread post by Marky »

Very nice... And welcome!

Sent from my stupid iThingy using Tapatalk.
2014-19 Vice President
Other positions: DOE, At-Large
2013 JK Rubicon, 3" lift, 35" tires, lots of armor
RalphTomaccio
Jeep Year: 2012

Unread post by RalphTomaccio »

That red Jeep is so hot, it burnt the grass all around it!
Kurt
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by Kurt »

I see it's almost broken in :)

"Build It, Run It, Break It, Improve It, Repeat!"
NEA Treasurer 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
BSJ Treasurer 2020
Carl McFly
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2000

Unread post by Carl McFly »

welcome aboard! you're gonna love it here
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
ASauer17
BSJ BOD President
Jeep Year: 1998

Unread post by ASauer17 »

Welcome!
98/99 TJ
2023 President
----------------------------------------
2021 Director of Events
2018 Secretary
2016 & 2017 President
2014 & 2015 Secretary
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

welcome aboard! Awesome group here more than willing to hep new folks along. We do a few stock frinedly runs and from the looks of it you should have no problem on most of the trails we run. I would advise rocker protection and loosing the factory step, that the first mod mother nature does for you on the trail anyway. :lol: Nice looking rig!
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Oooooh , my favorite color ! Cant wait for the spring. Welcome to a great club. Cant wait to meet ya at the spring meeting. And on the trails . FjR68