Calling Dr Howard, Dr Fine, Dr Howard.....

You can talk about anything here
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Re: Calling Dr Howard, Dr Fine, Dr Howard.....

Post by ZAEDOCK »

Don't forget to buy some good insurance.
Carl McFly wrote:X2, I agree with Joe. And not just because he's man candy
BSJ President 2003 - 2005
95xj
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1995
Jeep Model: XJ Cherokee

Post by 95xj »

Any thought to doing this Adopt-a-Hiway thing on a road in the general area of our trail runs? Most of us arrive early and we could pick up trash & stuff in full view of all the local people. I think picking up trash on exit what-ever on some route where-ever is not doing us alot of good besides exposing our vehicles to on-comming hi speed traffic..

Just a thought.
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member

Post by ZAEDOCK »

95xj wrote:Any thought to doing this Adopt-a-Hiway thing on a road in the general area of our trail runs? Most of us arrive early and we could pick up trash & stuff in full view of all the local people. I think picking up trash on exit what-ever on some route where-ever is not doing us alot of good besides exposing our vehicles to on-comming hi speed traffic..

Just a thought.
??? Wrong thread dude.
Carl McFly
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Post by Carl McFly »

ZAEDOCK wrote:
95xj wrote:Any thought to doing this Adopt-a-Hiway thing on a road in the general area of our trail runs? Most of us arrive early and we could pick up trash & stuff in full view of all the local people. I think picking up trash on exit what-ever on some route where-ever is not doing us alot of good besides exposing our vehicles to on-comming hi speed traffic..

Just a thought.
Adopt a Hway isn't in my domain but that won't stop me from giving my opinion :roll:

My understanding is, we have an assigned area and we're responsible for that area
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member

Post by ZAEDOCK »

Carl McFly wrote:
ZAEDOCK wrote:

Just a thought.
Adopt a Hway isn't in my domain but that won't stop me from giving my opinion :roll:

My understanding is, we have an assigned area and we're responsible for that area
Besides, our vehicles are parked off the exit ramp. We're only exposing our bodies to on comming traffic.

Serously though - AAH is a volunteer activity at the state level, not town. I think we get plenty of exposure having a butt load of Jeeps off the highway while we pick up trash.
mightymeglet
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Model: XK Commander

Post by mightymeglet »

So Tim, you won't be the bread winner in 7 months, when should we expect to see a post like Pauls on NEOW ? Tehehehe
Account no longer in use.
DOUG
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2020
Jeep Model: JT Gladiator

Post by DOUG »

Just a thought.
Not to hijack Carls thread (someone else already did that), but AAH is doing us a lot of good, not to mention what it does for the enviroment. Not only are we cleaning up a public roadside area, but the exposure is good too. Plus we get a cool sign on the side of the road with our name on it. 8-)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Carl McFly
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Post by Carl McFly »

DOUG wrote: .....AAH is doing us a lot of good, not to mention what it does for the enviroment. Not only are we cleaning up a public roadside area, but the exposure is good too. Plus we get a cool sign on the side of the road with our name on it. 8-)
thanks Doug. AAH thread started under (public) Events
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"