Cutting TSL's?

Burked
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: XJ Cherokee

Cutting TSL's?

Unread post by Burked »

Wondering about cutting the tread on my TSL swampers, has anyone had any experience with this? I was on a logging road on my property and had the tread get very filled with mud and it got me thinking about the pros and cons of changing the tread up. Maybe not this extreme but something like it to help shed mud and maybe better grip in the rocks?
Attachments
b1cd8bc5.jpg
8-Super_Swamper_TSL_SX2_600x600.png
8-Super_Swamper_TSL_SX2_600x600.png (186.09 KiB) Viewed 1288 times
hig
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Cutting TSL's?

Unread post by hig »

Swampers clean out pretty well, but you need to spin them. They won’t clean without a bit of wheel speed.

Cutting won’t help much for mud unless you get really aggressive and then they will SUCK on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2000 TJ, D44s, ARBs, 35s, armor and stuff
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Re: Cutting TSL's?

Unread post by Frank »

They suk (Swampers) on the road anyway. Cutting a tire , any kind of tire gives you more gripping edges . So yes they will bite rocks and other terrain better. By doing that , you also make the blocks two smaller ones and are more easily damaged or torn . It is a choice and only one winner. Like said before , the trick with mud is to spin the tire at a speed they will throw the mud. Swampers do that very well. Some people use high range for that reason. Good luck. FjR68