OE Flare Replacement

RalphTomaccio
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2012
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

OE Flare Replacement

Unread post by RalphTomaccio »

As many of you may know, I knocked off the driver's side front flare on a run recently, breaking the bracket, well liner and flare. I am in the process of replacing with new parts and have a question. The liner and bracket have been reattached but I'm having a problem with the flare, namely, attaching the very flexible and odd shaped flare to the clips that hold it onto the fender. The process is giving me fits! Are there any suggestions that may make this easier?

Do you, by chance, put the flare on the clips first and then install the liner and bracket?
RalphTomaccio
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2012
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Re: OE Flare Replacement

Unread post by RalphTomaccio »

Well, I took everything apart and tried my idea of working what I feel was reverse of what I originally thought. I put the clips on the flare, the flare on the fender, the flare bracket next, then the liner in the wheel well. All looks good, even corrected the droopy slant of the flare, at least on the driver side. Had that for as long as I can remember and didn't do anything special to get rid of it. Some day I'll tackle the passenger side to see if I can do the same to that.

Now, while I was working on this project, I noticed the rear passenger flare is cracked. A project for another day.
BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Re: OE Flare Replacement

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

Sorry I couldn't help, but I'm glad it worked out!
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly