More welding help? More wrench fests on 1/31!

Hoodoo Man
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

More welding help? More wrench fests on 1/31!

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

So as I look at the calendar February is getting a little busy weekend wise, I have a small left over project from the last wrench fest for my Swaybar mounting bracket.

I know Carl had a project we didn't get to and Amanda had a small section of tub she wanted to patch anyone else there need a hand with a project and we can keep the winter blahs away?

I also need to replace the gas tank and install new brake lines on my Commado and address a steering issue and replace a gasket on the exhaust.. I would really like to get it on the Jeep on the road this year and my goal is to get it on the road for GTD in May. 8-)

So anyone interested in a second round over at my neighbors shop? I am free this Saturday (1/24) as well as the next (1/31) or the weekend of February 28th. We should be able to have room for multiple projects again. 8-)
Kurt wrote:Now I see how these were suppose to go on.
The upper ball joints would need to be popped out of the "C" before welding to prevent heat damage to the plastic insert inside them.

1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
Kurt
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Re: More welding help? More wrench fests?

Unread post by Kurt »

I should be availabe on all those dates to lend a hand where needed. :)
"Build It, Run It, Break It, Improve It, Repeat!"
NEA Treasurer 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
BSJ Treasurer 2020
Modeler
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Unread post by Modeler »

I may be able to make those dates. I have a couple small (yeah, right) projects that I'd like to get done before GTD as well, but they can wait if not possible. Need to install my Savvy gas tank skid and replace the trans mount.

Have wrench, will travel.
Speed costs money, how slow do you want to go?
ASauer17
BSJ BOD President
Jeep Year: 1998
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by ASauer17 »

I am free 1/31 for tub fixin!
98/99 TJ
2023 President
----------------------------------------
2021 Director of Events
2018 Secretary
2016 & 2017 President
2014 & 2015 Secretary
Hoodoo Man

well Dave your more than welcome! my neighbor has a lift as well as a jack stand to support stuff while on the lift. If you want to get rid of your awful T-case we can likely arrange a swap.... ;)

Lets go with the 1/31 date!
1970 Jeepster- stock
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
Modeler
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Unread post by Modeler »

Sounds great, I'll be there on the 31st.

Hopefully we can get one of mine done after we finish everyone who didn't get their stuff done the last time.
Speed costs money, how slow do you want to go?
Carl McFly
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2000

Re: More welding help? More wrench fests on 1/31!

Unread post by Carl McFly »

If we can squeeze in my Novak cable shifter install? That would be awesome. And of course I'll hang around and help with other projects. Kind of what I do 8-)
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
RalphTomaccio
Jeep Year: 2012
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by RalphTomaccio »

Wish I could make it to help and learn but, it's hard to skip a birthday celebration, especially when it's one of my daughters!
Carl McFly
BSJ Member

RalphTomaccio wrote:Wish I could make it to help and learn but, it's hard to skip a birthday celebration, especially when it's one of my daughters!
Ralph thats so nice. I mean that you're still in denial. Soon enough you'll accept the fact that your life revolves around your rig (says the man who submitted vacation requests today, based on Go Topless Day, Great American Jeep Rally and Jeep Jamboree's :roll: )
Carl McFly
BSJ Member

Joliet Jake Blues wrote:well Dave your more than welcome! my neighbor has a lift as well as a jack stand to support stuff while on the lift. If you want to get rid of your awful T-case we can likely arrange a swap.... ;)

If you decide to do any wrenchin 1/24 and can use a hand? Let me know. My wife and daughter are going on a recon mission, scouting out a wedding venue. Or something to do with estrogen and weddings....... and just like Han Solo and Darth Vader, I'll be in a garage far, far away
RalphTomaccio
Jeep Year: 2012
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by RalphTomaccio »

Carl McFly wrote:
RalphTomaccio wrote:Wish I could make it to help and learn but, it's hard to skip a birthday celebration, especially when it's one of my daughters!
Ralph thats so nice. I mean that you're still in denial. Soon enough you'll accept the fact that your life revolves around your rig (says the man who submitted vacation requests today, based on Go Topless Day, Great American Jeep Rally and Jeep Jamboree's :roll: )
You know Carl, I actually do feel a little guilty knowing I won't be part of the wrenchfest with my new family! My wife does occasionally tell me "All you think about is your Jeep".
Hoodoo Man

Carl McFly wrote:
Joliet Jake Blues wrote:well Dave your more than welcome! my neighbor has a lift as well as a jack stand to support stuff while on the lift. If you want to get rid of your awful T-case we can likely arrange a swap.... ;)

If you decide to do any wrenchin 1/24 and can use a hand? Let me know. My wife and daughter are going on a recon mission, scouting out a wedding venue. Or something to do with estrogen and weddings....... and just like Han Solo and Darth Vader, I'll be in a garage far, far away

Thanks Carl, I'm pretty open this weekend and would love to get some stuff done to the Commando. we could tackle the fuel lines and gas tank, BUT the weather is looking questionable and the neighbor may need his shop to keep the plow trucks up... I'm game if we can get in there, lets watch the forecast and go from there... 8-)
1970 Jeepster- stock
schwalby
Jeep Year: 2003

Unread post by schwalby »

Carl McFly wrote: (says the man who submitted vacation requests today, based on Go Topless Day, Great American Jeep Rally and Jeep Jamboree's :roll: )
What else would vacation time be used for? Using all of mine on three different Jeep events. :dance:
Josh Schwalb
ArticRubi wrote:Remember: poor planning on my part constitutes an emergency on yours.
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

There used to be a guy in the club that set up this trip called Skip Day , or call out sick day ! Thats when you call in sick and go wheelin during the week ! I was hooked right then ! I remember the first time a coworker came and we rented space to another Co. one of their employees came also ! Didnt look to obvious did it ! Ralph : I took my sister with me wheelin and they had to wait on the party till we got home ! Thats how you have your cake and eat it too. FjR68
ASauer17
BSJ BOD President
Jeep Year: 1998

Unread post by ASauer17 »

I may be bringing a guest who also knows how to weld.. He just happens to be my dad who used to wheel in his 20s.
98/99 TJ
2023 President
----------------------------------------
2021 Director of Events
2018 Secretary
2016 & 2017 President
2014 & 2015 Secretary