making a jeep lower

Captian Carnage
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2004
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

making a jeep lower

Unread post by Captian Carnage »

This is how I look now With a 3 1/2 in RE lift + 1 inch BL I want to lower it 1 1/2 - 2 inches

I want lower for 2 reasons 1st less top heavy not as likely to roll the 2nd I will still have the same shocks so the wheels will have the same travel My bump stops never hit before The bump stops now will stop from going up and another 1 1/2 - 2 inches up on 1 side + down on the other Tell me If you think I am wrong The more the tires are on the ground the better correct The lower the jeep is the less of a chance of a roll over Correct
My fender kit Clears 35in tires in stock form I thinking 2 - 2 1/2 in suspension lift + 1 inch BL will clear 36s

What are your opinions
SidewaysTim
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Re: making a jeep lower

Unread post by SidewaysTim »

I think that you're on the right track, give it a shot. With my LJ I plan to go with bigger tires and less lift but I still want to maintain at least 18" of clearance at the belly pan.
I am the foremost authority on my opinion.
Formerly FortyFour
Captian Carnage

fortyfour wrote:I think that you're on the right track, give it a shot. With my LJ I plan to go with bigger tires and less lift but I still want to maintain at least 18" of clearance at the belly pan.
Right know in the gararge I have 20 inches to the center of the Tc skid 19.25 at the edges I will still have aleast 18 in the center when Im done I am looking at losing 1.5 inches I raised my Tc skid 1 inch this winter So it will be only a half inch lower 17.75 at the edgesand 18.5 in the center I can live with that
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

I've thought about getting rid of my body lift. Not for the trails though, I'm just tired of worrying about inspection time. I just don't know if the tranny will fit. It already sticks up into the cab about 3-4".
Carl McFly wrote:X2, I agree with Joe. And not just because he's man candy
BSJ President 2003 - 2005
Captian Carnage

This is on hold till I move my front upper shocks mounts I was planning to move the rear any ways To do it right I would have to move the back up 3- 4 inches and the front up 2-3 inches Its always something
ChrisD
Jeep Year: 2003

Unread post by ChrisD »

I thought your signature wheeling style was to roll your jeep :?
Captian Carnage

Chris wrote:I thought your signature wheeling style was to roll your jeep :?
Its lower now than when I rolled + floped it +its 4 inches wider I still want it lower