My Roll Cage

SidewaysTim
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2004
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

My Roll Cage

Unread post by SidewaysTim »

I spent the weekend up in NH at Dollarfab's House of Steel where the master fabricator himself helped me install a roll cage in my LJ. We started with a KOZ pre-bent cage kit and "adjusted" it to fit in my Jeep. The kit was mostly complete but it was missing two brackets and a couple of tubes were a little long but Scott was able to make it work.

Seeing everything that went into making this kit that was pre-fit and tacked together before being cut apart and shipped to me fit into my Jeep made me realize just how in over my head I would have been if I tried to do this by myself.

I still have a couple of things to do before it's 100% but I can't thank Scott enough for all of his help.

I am the foremost authority on my opinion.
Formerly FortyFour
Captian Carnage
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Re: My Roll Cage

Unread post by Captian Carnage »

Did you tie it in to your frame if so how many points 2 , 4 , 6
SidewaysTim
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Unread post by SidewaysTim »

That's one of the things that we still have to do. I'll be heading up to Scott's shop again in 2 weeks to tie it into the frame, we just ran out of time. As it was, we spent about 26 hours over 2 days working on it. It will be tied in to the frame at 6 points.
I am the foremost authority on my opinion.
Formerly FortyFour
Carl McFly
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2000

Unread post by Carl McFly »

fortyfour wrote:That's one of the things that we still have to do. I'll be heading up to Scott's shop again in 2 weeks to tie it into the frame, we just ran out of time. As it was, we spent about 26 hours over 2 days working on it. It will be tied in to the frame at 6 points.
looks awesome Mr Four!!!!
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
Captian Carnage

Unread post by Captian Carnage »

I will have mine Tied in at 2 points first then the other 4 later on this year or in the winter

looks awesome
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

Looks good overall man! The pic with the dash bar - the tube cut looks a little rough huh? Did you grind each one to fit tight? The bends look pissah. I think that's a pretty nice kit and your effort is paying off.

I tied my front down tubes into the floor, which is sandwiched between that and my PSC Rocker Knockers. The knockers then tie in to the body mount (I also use poly body bushings) which makes a really nice frame tie in for that location.

I've been meaning to add a couple of extra bars, and will probably take advantage of the nice weekend coming up. I have no garage, so everything is welded outside.

Scott was doing a group buy of 1.75 HREW on NEOW, so check it out folks if you want tOOb.
Carl McFly wrote:X2, I agree with Joe. And not just because he's man candy
BSJ President 2003 - 2005
wesley4x4
Jeep Year: 1999

Unread post by wesley4x4 »

i like the look :) nice job
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
Haters, they don't have 4 bangers, and aren't JDM like me!
johnsxj
Jeep Year: 1988
Jeep Model: XJ Cherokee

Unread post by johnsxj »

Nice cage! It's getting me inspired to finish up a few things on mine and maybe do a little tweaking (really gotta redo the behind the rear seat bar, my knees were DYING for just another inch or two of leg room during the Moab trip!)
You can't bolt on experience!!!!!!
Function over form=4x4

"The opinions expressed in this program do not reflect the views of this network."