Credit card fraud/ possibly fall crawl related

You can talk about anything here
IronTortoise
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1994
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Credit card fraud/ possibly fall crawl related

Unread post by IronTortoise »

I was contacted by my credit card company yesterday regarding fraudulent use if my credit card. There were two small charges originating in the UK. One was yesterday for $18 for prepaid Internet access the other was a $1 charge the day before. The person using the card had my security code as well as the expiration date of the card. I don't use this card much, mainly for Internet purchases. The last time I had used it was on August 6 on the we pay site signing up for the fall crawl. Before that it had been several months since I had used it. I did break one if my rules and used the card on my smartphone, possibly could be the source of the breach. Has anyone else expierienced anything like this after signing up for the fall crawl?
Carl McFly
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Re: Credit card fraud/ possibly fall crawl related

Unread post by Carl McFly »

No, but..... is that a Bank of America card? I got a call from BoA saying they're replacing my debit card because of a possible breach on some vendor site. They didn't say which vendor.

And usually a $1 charge will trigger a potential fraud alert with banks. Dirtbags do the $1 charge to test the waters before they go all in

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
Kodi
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2004
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by Kodi »

Not with FC, but with other sources.
DIFFERENT ISN'T ALWAYS BETTER, BUT BETTER IS ALWAYS DIFFERENT"

Dale Dauten
IronTortoise
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1994
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by IronTortoise »

I guess I will rule out the We-Pay Fall Crawl site as the breach as no one else seems to have had this expierience. To answer your question Carl, it was a Chase Visa card, and they were on the ball in catching this and contacting me.