Superchips Trail Jammer kit - anyone have it?

You can talk about anything here
Carl McFly
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by Carl McFly »

I won a "50% off Superchips" cert and I'm looking at the Trail Jammer kit (Flashpaq, cold air intake and throttle body) but even at half off, it's not cheap. But it might be worth the $$. Anyone running this setup? Would you recommend it?

Oh yeah, I also have a promo code for 40% off Superwinch purchases made on their website. If you want it, lemme know, pretty sure it expires in a week or two
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
DOUG
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2020
Jeep Model: JT Gladiator

Re: Superchips Trail Jammer kit - anyone have it?

Unread post by DOUG »

We had a Jet Chip in Kellys Rubicon. It was given to me by one of the dealers that I go to for work, they remove all aftermarket performance parts from trade ins. They also gave me a K&N cold air intake.
We saw a difference when I first installed it, but then it seemed to go back to stock. Would have to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes or so, then you could "feel" the difference again.
We were heading out to The Farm with another member, he was in a stock Rubicon, he could not keep up with us on the hills on the Pike.
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
ArticRubi
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2008
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by ArticRubi »

The Flashpaq business is pretty much smoke and mirrors in my opinion. They are handy to program for gear and tire size changes, but there are tools that will do it without the "performance" options for less than half the money. The limiting factor here is typically your injectors. Even if you can get more air in/exhaust out, the factory injectors deliver just about as much fuel as they can in the stock fuel map. A lot of times these power packs with a CAI end up just causing your engine to run on the lean side.

IMO, you can definitely find much better ways to put $500-600 into your rig (guessing on that number based on JK prices) considering the marginal gain this system offers.