Central Mass New Guy

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
Racer38
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Central Mass New Guy

Unread post by Racer38 »

Just picked up another Jeep and signed up for the Forum. Not sure if a membership will do me any good as I am sure everything happens on the weekends and I work weekends all summer long. Maybe someone can enlighten me to any trail runs that happen on week days.

Anyway, last Jeep was a 1998 TJ and I sold that back in 2001. I just picked up a really nice 2005 TJ that was a Florida car, nice clean frame with almost no rust. Just finished installing a Zone 4" suspension lift and put a set of Goodyear MT/R 33 x 12.5 tires on it. I just about have everything needed to go on trail runs with some of the clubs, last thing is a tow strap without the metal hooks, so I'll be heading to Tractor supply in the next day or so.

I just retired from the Army and my Summer job is a Park Ranger at the Buffumville / Hodges Dam complex in Oxford. May through Oct and of course I work weekends.

Here is a pic of the Rig in its current state, I have some new bumpers coming that will be here this week.

So let me know the benefits of membership without being around on the weekends ..

Thanks

Craig
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Re: Central Mass New Guy

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

Hi Craig
Welcome to the forum. Our club runs do not take place on weekdays aside from trips to Rausch Creek and Moab... occasionally people will play hooky and have ad hoc weekday runs but that is pretty rare...

Nice looking TJ!
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
ASauer17
BSJ BOD President
Jeep Year: 1998
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by ASauer17 »

Awesome looking TJ. Take care of it :)
98/99 TJ
2023 President
----------------------------------------
2021 Director of Events
2018 Secretary
2016 & 2017 President
2014 & 2015 Secretary
DDewar53
Jeep Year: 1990
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by DDewar53 »

Craig - thank you for your service.

As has been said, most runs happen on weekends, but we run from April thru November, so you have the opportunity to make a few runs with us. There are also a few "play hookey" runs during the week, but only one or two a year. I haven't made a run in over a year, I'm hoping to get out once or twice this year. Hope to see you on the trail.
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert A. Heinlein
COH143
Jeep Year: 1993
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by COH143 »

Craig, Welcome to the club, and as above than you for your service. There are winter runs on the weekends which are my favorite as there is ice, snow, frozen mud, and no bugs. I don't make many summer runs as I am too busy. The club is worth it as its short money for access to lots of smarter than me folks who have provided lots of good advice on Jeep mods and repairs. As you know every Jeep is a work in progress that never ends.