interesting new axle shafts

del_TJ
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1998
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

interesting new axle shafts

Unread post by del_TJ »

I ordered a set of 27 spline D30 Alloy USA shafts a week or two ago for a good price to upgrade from stock. But, I just came across these for about the same price. Seems they're too new for any feedback yet. They're RCV shafts with a boot and new knuckle bolts to accommodate the CVs. They're not made of titanium obviously. Anyone willing to try them?

Titanium Axle for Dana 30 Front Differential

http://www.dana-axles.com/Titanium-Axle ... l-P1.aspx#
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Re: interesting new axle shafts

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

I think I'd rather have RCV. This boots look like they could be compromised pretty easily.
Carl McFly wrote:X2, I agree with Joe. And not just because he's man candy
BSJ President 2003 - 2005
Kurt
BSJ Member

Unread post by Kurt »

:roll: Agreed...

The CV only carries a 12 month warranty
"Build It, Run It, Break It, Improve It, Repeat!"
NEA Treasurer 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
BSJ Treasurer 2020
ArticRubi
Jeep Year: 2008
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by ArticRubi »

Have a look at TEN Factory for axle shafts, I'm running their chrome moly's in the rear and will be putting a set up front in short order. They're a bit more expensive that what you have listed above, but come with a ten year warranty. Will likely be shorter money than RCV's, I priced them for my JK at almost $1000 for the front.
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

My front Warn 4340's have a lifetime warranty when used with bearing style u-joints. The last joint I busted threw sparks (according to eye-witnesses) and the inner/outer shafts survived.

Other than that, when it comes to the typical 4340 shafts, I think it's six of one, half dozen of the other. I picked up some US Standard Gear 4340 shafts for the front of the buggy, and the quality looks to be right up there with the Warn.
Carl McFly wrote:X2, I agree with Joe. And not just because he's man candy
BSJ President 2003 - 2005
del_TJ
Jeep Year: 1998
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by del_TJ »

ArticRubi wrote:Have a look at TEN Factory for axle shafts, I'm running their chrome moly's in the rear and will be putting a set up front in short order.
I almost bought a front set from Ten Factory, but I found the Alloy USA ones on amazon for $520 delivered, which isn't bad. Alloy USA comes with a 10 year warranty too.

I was just curious about opinions regarding the Titanium CV axle shafts. Good points that the boot looks crappy and the CV joints only have a 12 month warranty. Seems like they're trying to market them as affordable RCV shafts.