Jeep Make Over > The beginning......

ChrisD
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2003
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Re: Jeep Make Over > The beginning......

Unread post by ChrisD »

FYI... JonFund has a great run this weekend!
nhdcoye
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Re: Jeep Make Over > The beginning......

Unread post by nhdcoye »

The good weather allowed me to catch up :banana-guitar:
I took things apart for the final time and decided to repair the rust spot I had found on the new (1988) tub during the process.

What I almost left untouched except with a simple Extend/Rustolium paint pint job turned into surgery for the Heap.. :doh:

The rock gaurds are all set to be mounted once I get a freash coat of bedliner on the rockers I'll mount them while it is still wet in the hopes it forms a good seal :pray: and prevents any future rust from re-occuring. The factory rockers / steps were in great shape however it covered up was actually going on behind them.
Check out the halloween show from all the holes from the factory rockers and the new ones for my sliders :shock:

The tub is almost as good as new again :music-rockout:
The external rocker will be covered by a coat of bedliner under the rock rails so I did not spend time making it look good :-o

I have fabricated a set of seat mounts to replace the current 2x4 seat risers :-o :lol: so I can ride in style and be safe at the same time.
Need to add the front roll bar extensions, adjust the rear pinion angle bolt in the Winch, Front & Rear bumba's
adnd its " Happy Trails " :dance: :handgestures-thumbupright: :happy-jumpeveryone:
92 YJ 6Cyl > 3 " lift, ford 8.8 SOA on XJ springs with Aussie out back, D30 with alloy 30's and ARB up front 4:56. 35 MTR's, 10K Winch, SYE ,traction bar, onBd Air and lots of gently used skids