Budget Boost time :) hydro or nitro?????

DOUG
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2020
Jeep Model: JT Gladiator

Re: Budget Boost time :) hydro or nitro?????

Unread post by DOUG »

One thing to keep in mind with a body lift...your fan shroud. You will need to locate it 1" lower, or install a 1" motor mount lift. Otherwise the fan will make contact with it.
I would go with the MML. It will decrease the rear driveshaft angle thereby reducing the risk of vibration, and it will keep the drivetrain level when you do the tummy tuck skid. (at which time you will need to do an SYE anyway)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
wesley4x4
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1999
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by wesley4x4 »

yep thats what i was thinking exactly... was going to ask where i can get a MML but ill just google it myself :P

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx? ... gn=product

that look good?? :)
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
Haters, they don't have 4 bangers, and aren't JDM like me!
DOUG
BSJ Member

Unread post by DOUG »

wesley4x4 wrote:yep thats what i was thinking exactly... was going to ask where i can get a MML but ill just google it myself :P

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx? ... gn=product

that look good?? :)
That will work.
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
JamesTree

Unread post by JamesTree »

Hey Wes, Im new to the forum and new to BSJ, I actually just sent in my app a couple days ago and hope to make it to Jeep 101 :D .. I will be at GTD and maybe i will see you there.. Ive installed the 2" BB lift on my tj and it did give me drive line vibes. The solution for me was to drop the skid about .5" and that got rid of most of the vibration. You can have the spacers if you want, just sitting in storage now. The kit i got used the original shocks and it seemed to work ok.
Carl McFly
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2000

Unread post by Carl McFly »

good catch on the fan shroud Doug. I'm not real happy with my BL and might even take it out. Nothing to do with vibration, I'm just not crazy about the look. And vibrations...... if my heep isn't vibrating, it's because I'm parked. Seriously, I'm not sure what vibes are from the Swampah's and what's from the driveline. If I want a smooth ride, I just hop in the XJ-illac 8-)
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
Eve
Jeep Year: 2001

Unread post by Eve »

JamesTree wrote:Hey Wes, Im new to the forum and new to BSJ, I actually just sent in my app a couple days ago and hope to make it to Jeep 101 :D .. I will be at GTD and maybe i will see you there.. Ive installed the 2" BB lift on my tj and it did give me drive line vibes. The solution for me was to drop the skid about .5" and that got rid of most of the vibration. You can have the spacers if you want, just sitting in storage now. The kit i got used the original shocks and it seemed to work ok.
Hey there - welcome!! I'm about to send you an email. I just received your app today - I'll finish processing in a minute and send you the info but.... glad to have you aboard and welcome to BSJ!!

Oh and of course you can come to 101 - I'll send details.
Those who dance are often thought mad by those who cannot hear the music.
DOUG
BSJ Member

Unread post by DOUG »

We did the BL a month after we bought the Rubi. Friends of ours bought a Rubi at the same time, they did a BL same as us. The only difference was we did a MML and they did not, they had to lower the shroud, we did not.
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
wesley4x4

Unread post by wesley4x4 »

DOUG wrote:We did the BL a month after we bought the Rubi. Friends of ours bought a Rubi at the same time, they did a BL same as us. The only difference was we did a MML and they did not, they had to lower the shroud, we did not.
ok so im def going to buy a MML
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
Haters, they don't have 4 bangers, and aren't JDM like me!
DOUG
BSJ Member

Unread post by DOUG »

There is a MML on Craigs List, NIB. Do a search, it's in Auburn Mass. (near Worcester)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
redlightrubi
Jeep Year: 2004

Unread post by redlightrubi »

AFAIK the regular TJ and TJ Rubicon had exactly the same coils front and rear, I have a 1.25" BL w/ 1" BMML so I could clear the TT.

Nick
DOUG
BSJ Member

Unread post by DOUG »

Different coils in the Rubi.
2022 Gladiator Rubicon