Small Evap leak

BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Re: Small Evap leak

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

You could keep doing cheap things until it's an expensive project, or just get a fog test done and find out the actual problem. Sucks, but you gotta do whatcha gotta do.
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly
Baseshakers
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Unread post by Baseshakers »

So I replaced the gas cap... No luck. Performed a smoke test using a fog machine and the old gas cap... No luck.

I have two "inc" which is preventing the pig from passing inspection. The other one is the O2 sensor heater. I could start replacing O2 sensors but a little googling led me to this: http://www.obdclearinghouse.com/documen ... 001-07.pdf
Basically some jeep engineer f'd up so now I have to rewire the PDC! Gotta love emissions...
"god had his sh!t together when he made boobies" -franky
Baseshakers
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Unread post by Baseshakers »

So I was able to get the jeep to pass inspection with the rewire, but the check engine light came on a day later (that was close!) Threw a code again for a small evap leak. Checked the rear lines again, performed a smoke test up front as well, can't find a leak. How do the professionals find a small evap leak?
"god had his sh!t together when he made boobies" -franky
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Ryan :) I just went to the bone yard and got the biggest and simplest purge canister out of a chevy truck. One line in and one out. Made all connections in the engine bay (rubber) with hard line to tank on top of frame. Now it purges gas tank while engine is running only. Those plastic lines they use today are just cheap and one of them has to move or heats up. FjR68