[youtube][/youtube]

I'm drooling! 8-)
beaker
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Re: 2011

Unread post by beaker »

The only new thing from Jeep that will make me drool is a diesel wrangler....
wesley4x4
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1999

Unread post by wesley4x4 »

beaker wrote:The only new thing from Jeep that will make me drool is a diesel wrangler....

YESS a 6bt cummins diesel (turbo of course)... i would be all over that
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
Haters, they don't have 4 bangers, and aren't JDM like me!
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

i ABSOLUTELY love that commercial. I really like that they wait a full 20 seconds into a 1 minute add to even mention the ad. Not such a fan of that model but a fantastic ad.
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
88jeepxj
Jeep Model: XJ Cherokee

Unread post by 88jeepxj »

Are we talking about the 2011 GC ad or something to do with the 2011 Wrangler?

I like the updates on the Wrangler. These are all great changes, but a monkey could think these things up. A nicer interior and a body painted roof?! Seriously that's all you've got?! Give us something that will really open our eyes! The fact that a CRD or HEMI is not available in the Wrangler is the stupidest thing I've heard of in awhile. The automatic Unlimited can't get out of its own way with that pathetic minivan 3.8L.
wesley4x4

88jeepxj wrote:Are we talking about the 2011 GC ad or something to do with the 2011 Wrangler?

I like the updates on the Wrangler. These are all great changes, but a monkey could think these things up. A nicer interior and a body painted roof?! Seriously that's all you've got?! Give us something that will really open our eyes! The fact that a CRD or HEMI is not available in the Wrangler is the stupidest thing I've heard of in awhile. The automatic Unlimited can't get out of its own way with that pathetic minivan 3.8L.
i beleave i heard of an IFS 2011 wrangler... did anyone esles hear of this... YAAA IFS D60's ALL THE WAY ;)
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
DDewar53
Jeep Year: 1990
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by DDewar53 »

The only change I paid attention to, and it really pisses me off, is that 1/2 doors are available as a no charge option now. I would have KILLED for 1/2 doors when I bought mine.

I like the music in the new commercials, though. Johnny Cash - "God's Gonna Cut You Down" Good song
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert A. Heinlein
wesley4x4

DDewar53 wrote:The only change I paid attention to, and it really pisses me off, is that 1/2 doors are available as a no charge option now. I would have KILLED for 1/2 doors when I bought mine.

I like the music in the new commercials, though. Johnny Cash - "God's Gonna Cut You Down" Good song

???? half doors was an upgrade option for the yj's??

thats weired i always thaught half doors were included in the basic package.

OFF TO GOOGLE!!!! research time

x2 on the music
Scott
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: XJ Cherokee

Unread post by Scott »

[youtube][/youtube]
DDewar53
Jeep Year: 1990
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by DDewar53 »

wesley4x4 wrote:
DDewar53 wrote:The only change I paid attention to, and it really pisses me off, is that 1/2 doors are available as a no charge option now. I would have KILLED for 1/2 doors when I bought mine.

x2 on the music
Since we're talking about NEW jeeps, it's JKs, and yes, 1/2 doors were a $2500 upgrade for the 2-door IF you could get them. I don't know what they were charging for 1/2 doors on the unlimited. I've never seen a JK yet with 1/2 doors.

The skid plates commercial is great!
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert A. Heinlein
wesley4x4

DDewar53 wrote:
wesley4x4 wrote:

x2 on the music
Since we're talking about NEW jeeps, it's JKs, and yes, 1/2 doors were a $2500 upgrade for the 2-door IF you could get them. I don't know what they were charging for 1/2 doors on the unlimited. I've never seen a JK yet with 1/2 doors.

The skid plates commercial is great!

i like the way they look :) kinda safari lookin
DOUG
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2020
Jeep Model: JT Gladiator

Unread post by DOUG »

wesley4x4 wrote:
beaker wrote:The only new thing from Jeep that will make me drool is a diesel wrangler....

You'd be hard pressed to put a 6BT into a JK, or any SWB Jeep for that matter. It's been done, but not without a boatload of engineering to make it work.

On the other hand, a Common Rail 4BT would be a great fit.
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
wesley4x4

DOUG wrote:
wesley4x4 wrote:

You'd be hard pressed to put a 6BT into a JK, or any SWB Jeep for that matter. It's been done, but not without a boatload of engineering to make it work.

On the other hand, a Common Rail 4BT would be a great fit.

well... if it can be done :) why not... i love the way the 6bt's sound compared to the 4bt... just my preference but yes a 4bt swap would be easier but if i had the time/money (don't we all wish we did) i would put a 6bt in their in a heart beat...

just saying... my .02