Upgrade time... Lift, disconnects and control arms?

Jonas
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2007
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Re: Upgrade time... Lift, disconnects and control arms?

Unread post by Jonas »

MDSRACING398 wrote:Metalcloak one and done
With the risk of getting repetitive I completely agree. I installed the full game changer lift last fall and it's like I got a new Jeep. Drives better than it ever did, and I have lots of space for new tires when I am ready (I have 34s now).

Jonas
Blue Yeti
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee

Unread post by Blue Yeti »

Thanks for your input BSJ'ers! Appreciate it.

Think I will go Metalcloak and eventually get some 34/35's. Might even get new rims so I have a back up set of skins n rims.... LOL sounds like an 80's hair band!! :music-rockout:
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

That right there is the smartest thing youve said. If this is your daily and you bought a knarley set of off road tires on other Cheap steel wheels. They could sit in the garage and you drive happily to and from work , Then that weekend thing happens and Fri. night you put on them Knarley biggens and go have fun ! You dont burn up the woods set and you dont listen to them all week . FjR68
Blue Yeti

Frank wrote:That right there is the smartest thing youve said. If this is your daily and you bought a knarley set of off road tires on other Cheap steel wheels. They could sit in the garage and you drive happily to and from work , Then that weekend thing happens and Fri. night you put on them Knarley biggens and go have fun ! You dont burn up the woods set and you dont listen to them all week . FjR68
Thanks Frank! Not my daily grind, another toy.

I like the idea of Knarley biggens! If only I had a garage! I'll look to see if any vendors have a buy a complete lift and some Knarley biggens with rims and get a free 2 car garage with 12' ceilings!!!
:bluesbros:
BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

Blue Yeti wrote:
Frank wrote:I like the idea of Knarley biggens! If only I had a garage! I'll look to see if any vendors have a buy a complete lift and some Knarley biggens with rims and get a free 2 car garage with 12' ceilings!!!
I'm in the market for a garage, well actually a house with a garage, or maybe a garage with a house. Then I could get a lift for the lift and my knarley "biggens" need to be bigger...
:handgestures-thumbupright:
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly
Blue Yeti

BlackNBlue-ISH wrote:
Blue Yeti wrote:
Frank wrote:I like the idea of Knarley biggens! If only I had a garage! I'll look to see if any vendors have a buy a complete lift and some Knarley biggens with rims and get a free 2 car garage with 12' ceilings!!!
I'm in the market for a garage, well actually a house with a garage, or maybe a garage with a house. Then I could get a lift for the lift and my knarley "biggens" need to be bigger...
:handgestures-thumbupright:
I'll let you know how I make out! :handgestures-fingerscrossed: Hope these vendors are generous!!! LOL

If I could do it over, I would have a 3 car garage with 12' ceilings and a nice studio loft up top to live in.
Sweet setup!
A buddy years back had this exact setup and it was better than sliced bread!
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

You guys are greedy enough . I have a garage , Its a 2 door 9' ceiling . No room for a lift. But it does have 8' doors ! My town limits door size with a building code (dementions) to keep you from having commercial vehicles (Lettered) in your yard. The one way around this is to have living space above the garage. Finding the right house is important , Finding a working garage ------Priceless ! FjR68
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

get the house with the land and then build the garage, youll thank yourself later for that one. No sense fighting with someone elses mess make it what you need from day 1.
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.
Car Jack
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2014

Unread post by Car Jack »

pirahnah3 wrote:get the house with the land and then build the garage, youll thank yourself later for that one. No sense fighting with someone elses mess make it what you need from day 1.
I did that. Then bought the lift.

For disconnects, I just made my own from a couple bolts out of the "I never throw these out because someday I might need them" box.