l---- L -[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)--o-)_) BEV: the BSA Expedition Vehicle
Car Jack
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2014
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Re: Tragedy at 2019 Easter Jeep Safari

Unread post by Car Jack »

Do you know any more? I can only see the picture (I don't have a facebook account....not sure if that matters). It does look like an air bag deployed.
RandyCarol
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013

Unread post by RandyCarol »

I was in Moab when that happened. Newish driver tried to climb a little ledge and gave it a little to much skinny peddle. He shot through a group of spectators and lost control. One had to be airlifted out and her leg was partly amputated. That was the rumor.
Stubby antenna & Prorock 60’s
MattJ
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2016

Unread post by MattJ »

Hey Lisah311 - when are we going to do that Trail First Aid training day that you keep offering?
___=_=_=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

ouch, never a good day to hear air lift and amputation. Hope folks are as ok as can be.
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.
MattJ
Jeep Year: 2016

Unread post by MattJ »

Never forget: our favorite activity (powerful machines) is dangerous. I saw on the news today that one of the divers that rescued the boys soccer team in Thailand is now himself missing in a cave in Tennessee. It made me realize how an activity chosen for adventure, fun and excitement can go VERY wrong at any moment. It also made me realize that Baystate Jeepers is a GREAT club that is lead by experienced, mature and careful members. I don't have any experience with clubs that take a "different" approach to ripping it up on the trails, but I've heard they're out there. We should all be grateful that BSJ isn't one of them.

___=_=_=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

RandyCarol wrote:I was in Moab when that happened. Newish driver tried to climb a little ledge and gave it a little to much skinny peddle. He shot through a group of spectators and lost control. One had to be airlifted out and her leg was partly amputated. That was the rumor.
From what I have read elsewhere the driver was a Instagram influencer type person with a pristine rig and no real seat time but tons of product reviews. He floored it when high centered and lost control and the spectators were too close trying to take pics. The only reason the person who lost their leg is alive is there happened to be a few people onsite with good first aid kits and knowledge of how to treat the wound and stabilize them while waiting for fire/rescue to transport them.
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..