New Jeep guys and Forum members

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
Blue Yeti
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

New Jeep guys and Forum members

Unread post by Blue Yeti »

Hey Baystate Jeepers!
Recently purchased my first Jeep, an 08 Wrangler X with my son to enjoy the fun of 4 wheeling! Will get a picture up tomorrow.
We are both excited and are already looking into what mods we should start with.

We have brand new BFG 32" tires on it and are looking for suggestions, help and any advice you well seasoned veterans can offer us. We got this one as we didn't want all the fancy bells an whistles from the factory. Pretty stock so we can do anything to it.

Figured some body armor and a lil lift would be the first things to do but we are always open to suggestions. New bumpers with a winch sounds good too!

Use to have an old 78 Chevy with 35" tires and a 4" lift. Use to make my own trails anywhere I wanted! LOL.

Looking forward to joining the club and getting out to meet some new people and have some fun out with my son and nature!

:obscene-drinkingcheers: VC
Blue Yeti

Re: New Jeep guys and Forum members

Here is the ride. Hope to tweak it, mod it up and make it one heck of an off-roader!
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

Nice Jeep and its a great hobby to have with your son. Looking forward to seeing you guys on the trails this year.
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.
Blue Yeti

pirahnah3 wrote:Nice Jeep and its a great hobby to have with your son. Looking forward to seeing you guys on the trails this year.
Thanks! Looking into the 101 as I hope that will be the start of a fun year off-roading!!
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Vinman :) My boys grew up in the garage . It a great way to keep them outta trouble and give them a skill. This club welcomed us like we were already part of them . Jks start off with a lot of capability and tech . Making it yours is a great idea. Asking what comes first is a can-o worms. I say skids never hurt to have on a JK. The list is long but if you can do most of it yourselves , thats half the battle and most of the fun ! FjR68
Blue Yeti

Frank wrote:Vinman :) My boys grew up in the garage . It a great way to keep them outta trouble and give them a skill. This club welcomed us like we were already part of them . Jks start off with a lot of capability and tech . Making it yours is a great idea. Asking what comes first is a can-o worms. I say skids never hurt to have on a JK. The list is long but if you can do most of it yourselves , thats half the battle and most of the fun ! FjR68
Good story. I grew up wrenching my Camaro, Chevelle and El Camino... was a poor kid who couldn't pay the garage to do repairs and I learned a lot. I do hope to get somewhere to do some of these mods and have him help out.
He did like wrenching on our cruiser, hope he will like this too. If not, Im flying solo and gonna have fun getting greasy and then muddy!!!!