Next wrenchfest?

Alphalegionaire
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2017
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Next wrenchfest?

Unread post by Alphalegionaire »

I’m thinking about first upgrade for 2017 unlimited - 2.5 lift kit. Having never done any work on it, can anyone offer good website /video/assistance for installing it? I’m havent bought it yet so I’m also interested for good site to buy it.

Thanks,
Chris alphalegionaire flores
RandyCarol
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013

Re: Next wrenchfest?

Unread post by RandyCarol »

I get most of my stuff from NorthRidge 4x4. They have free fast shipping and website is well layed out. Coupon code ‘comeback’ is often good for some sort of discount.
Stubby antenna & Prorock 60’s
Richl35

Unread post by Richl35 »

If not "comeback" the "wranglerforum" is 15% I believe. I am a member and use it all the time.
Alphalegionaire

So I noticed this setup on RoughCountry.com...it seems too cheap, so it's probably missing key parts or its lower quality. Can someone please check/confirm? 2.5in Jeep Series II Suspension Lift Kit (07-18 JK Wrangler)

https://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-suspe ... 634-7.html for $199.95 or
https://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-suspe ... ?rrec=true for 339.95

Also side note, is it a fairly easy project to install lift kit for someone fairly competent w/ auto mechanics?
RandyCarol
BSJ Member

Unread post by RandyCarol »

Choosing a lift can be tough, there are a bunch of them out there on the market. You have a newer Jeep, I would spend more money on a better one to maintain or improve the ride. If you are only looking to spend a couple hundred bucks I would look at the EVO leveling kit and some decent shocks, but that only gives you 1.5 inches. Do you have a budget in mind?
The lift is pretty strait forward to install yourself, especially with a newer Jeep that isn’t rusted and banged up.
Stubby antenna & Prorock 60’s
Alphalegionaire

I was thinking 400 was reasonable but I don’t want to spend $$$ and get crappy kit that I could later spend 500-800 and get much better one.
BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

I just put a new lift in my jeep this year, it cost in the neighborhood of 2k. This is lift version 3, I tried the cheap lift components, then upgraded stuff, then upgraded other stuff, but the kit I have now is the best the jeep has ever performed. You really do get what you pay for.

As far as what you are looking for, will you be wheeling the vehicle, or is it more of an aesthetic road jeep?

In most cases, you'll need to protect the underside of the jeep prior to spending big bucks in the lift kit. Spacers get the job done, but don't offer any additional performance. The spring kit you posted likely doesn't have much research and development, and the shocks are (from experience) definitely not anything worth while. You'll be better off saving your money for a better kit down the road.
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

I have had good luck with Offroad Elements. They are basically local and good people that support local events and such. When I bought my skid plates they came in cheaper than 4wd.com by more than a few bucks. They wheel and know what they sell works. I have a 2.5" Teraflex lift in my JKU from them and it works well for what I am looking to do and helps clear 35s.

https://www.offroadelements.com/terafle ... r-jk-2007/
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
BlackKnight
BSJ Member

Unread post by BlackKnight »

Hoodoo Man wrote:I have had good luck with Offroad Elements. They are basically local and good people that support local events and such. When I bought my skid plates they came in cheaper than 4wd.com by more than a few bucks. They wheel and know what they sell works. I have a 2.5" Teraflex lift in my JKU from them and it works well for what I am looking to do and helps clear 35s.

https://www.offroadelements.com/terafle ... r-jk-2007/
Offroad Elements is also the only supplier locally for any EVO products (Unless NY is local to you). Looking into getting my slides through them...
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars