new guy

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
bullymadison
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1978
Jeep Model: CJ7

new guy

Unread post by bullymadison »

hey all -

finally got my dream ride this winter after looking off and on for years:
1978 CJ7, 401, fuel injected from Utah. All steel, great frame, floor etc. lot of time and $ over the past 7 months to get it running sweet. i live in Metrowest and I'm on the Cape frequently. Haven't been out wheelin it yet and with stock suspension and being 40 years old, Im looking for a few local "samples" before going anywhere big. PM me if you wouldnt mind taking a newbie around some local powerlines or something. Not looking to rip it up - just see what the old girl might have in her :) !
thanks,
Ted
Last edited by bullymadison on Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richl35

Re: new guy

Unread post by Richl35 »

Hey New Guy... I mean Ted...

Welcome to the forum! I used to have an old CJ-7 and would have given my left arm for a 401 at the time. Buddy had a 304 in one and it was a nice improvement from my 258 straight 6. Sounds like you had to resurrect her a bit but I bet it's worth it. :bluesbros:

So as far as some local wheeling spots like powerlines and such I don't believe that you will get a lot of recommendations here There are some class 6 roads up north in NH you can look into and there are the local places you may be able to go like Freetown State forest but they for the most part are hilly unmaintained dirt roads.. The reason being is most places, especially powerlines, are illegal to wheel in and this club is all about the responsible use of legal off-road lands and trails. This club (like many others) is sponsored by the NEA. We all work hard at maintaining good relationships with private land owners and preach proper use of any available public lands. To put it simply there isn't a whole lot of land out there to wheel anymore so we protect what we have so we don't lose it. You wont find club members blazing powerlines.

There are some open events that you can watch the forum for but if you are fairly stock look for Class VI runs or some Green trails.

Hope to catch you out on the trail!
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

welcome to the forum! Sounds like a great jeep.

Power Lines are almost always illegal to wheel on and will get you kicked out of most reputable clubs. Not trying to beat you up on this, just letting you know as you are new. :) The Jeep Rally is coming up real soon and although there are no trails there its a great way to meet a lot of awesome jeep peeps.
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
bullymadison
Jeep Year: 1978
Jeep Model: CJ7

Unread post by bullymadison »

Hoodoo Man wrote:welcome to the forum! Sounds like a great jeep.

Power Lines are almost always illegal to wheel on and will get you kicked out of most reputable clubs. Not trying to beat you up on this, just letting you know as you are new. :) The Jeep Rally is coming up real soon and although there are no trails there its a great way to meet a lot of awesome jeep peeps.
Yeah... realized that after I read more posts... Thanks for the heads up - definitely don't want to run afoul of landowners / police/ greenies/ club members!
thx
T
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

Welcome, and thats why those posts are here to help educate and promote a safe and fun wheeling experience.
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.