help me decide: rims

Carl McFly
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Re: help me decide: rims

Unread post by Carl McFly »

fortyfour wrote:I think that they are all made in the same Chinese factory by 9 year old children and squirted with lead paint
:lol:
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
Captian Carnage
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2004
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by Captian Carnage »

I got 17 x 9.5 bead locks from Allied for my 36 irocs have had no problems with a 13.5 tire I run 4psi on dirt run
In snow i run 0 in back and 2 in front those areBias ply tires I have Iget 100% traction
Baseshakers
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Unread post by Baseshakers »

ok, some now i'm back to the question: how bad are beadlocks for a DD? looking at the price of a decent rim + staun, i can get a good quality beadlock with a nice, strong bead edge for less.
"god had his sh!t together when he made boobies" -franky
Baseshakers
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Unread post by Baseshakers »

so i can get an allied beadlock with the exact backspacing, bolt pattern, size, style and width i want for low 200s each. a staun is almost that much! anyone have thoughts on beadlocks for a DD? as long as i maintain them they should be as good as regular rims, right?
"god had his sh!t together when he made boobies" -franky
nostaw

Unread post by nostaw »

Are they DOT leagal?

I'd say you should look hard at that -- if you get pulled over you don't want to be getting tickets all the time. I think there are some places which make a DOT approved bead lock (I want to say Walker Evans, but I'm not sure).

KW
DDewar53
Jeep Year: 1990
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by DDewar53 »

I know I've said this before. None of the POs that I know - not a single one - would write somebody for non DOT rims. The only PO I know who would even know about DOT approval on rims would be Jeff, and I doubt if he'd write you up for it. If Jeff stopped you, there would be plenty of other stuff to write.
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert A. Heinlein
nostaw

Unread post by nostaw »

You may want to talk to Lou at Elias 4WD and see if there is one he recommends. I've heard good things about Walker Evans beadlocks -- DOT approved, but they aren't cheap... I think TJJeff ran a set of them on his LJ w/ 35s.

JW