Onboard Air

Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Re: Onboard Air

Unread post by Frank »

I have "Maxair" It fills a 5 gal tank so running tools on the trail is no issue. It has a rating of 4.0 CFM constant duty. Thats cubic feet per min. How much air it delivers. At the time it was the highest rated pump out there. From 7lbs. to 30 the first tire is about 90 sec. The rest are around 2 to 2.5 min. The tank was full to start and gets the first tire quicker. Its about 8/10 years old and still working good. I do clean the intake filter several times a year. FjR68
DaThug
BOD and Trails Committee Member
Jeep Year: 2016
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Re: Onboard Air

Unread post by DaThug »

@ Dan - I have the Superflow MV90 I bought it knowing I'd be adding the 35's and this model has a auto shutoff to prevent overheating.. I hate it, the thing gets extremely hot to the point I've burned my self more than once on it. The connector for the hose had a thick foam/rubber padding/protection piece that has melted off. When done, I don't put it in the bag due to how hot it gets, it will melt the damn storage bag. So I started looking at on-board so it would just be easier.

@Lisah - All the mistaken decisions were mine due to lack of knowledge, lack of planning, etc. When I did the gears and tires I didn't know if I would want or need lockers at that time. Wasn't sure I'd want to do more than I was doing with the jeep. I was already dropping a crap ton of money on tires, truss, gears, etc. that adding another 2k for lockers when I wasn't sure didn't make sense. If I knew then what I know now about lockers it would have been an easy call to add them. Same goes for the air, didn't plan on it until I got pissed at my compressor then i decided to start looking at options.

Agree about planning 10000% however, sometimes even that changes. If I were to get another car and not use the jeep as a DD, I might lift it slightly higher than she is now. Nothing crazy, but another inch or so would be great.