New Forum Member Check In - Sudbury, MA

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
sjl136
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2018
Jeep Model: JL Wrangler

New Forum Member Check In - Sudbury, MA

Unread post by sjl136 »

Hello all, new forum member here. I’m on the club waitlist and look forward to a chance to hopefully join full time next year. I’m kicking myself for not getting involved sooner, but now that we have a 2018 JLUR, I’m looking forward to exploring more of New England and working on some trail skills. The JL is stock for now. I want to get some trail time with it before upgrading anything. Skid components, CB and on board air probably first, plan to swap out the rock rails for a bit more protection, thinking a minor lift and 35’s eventually. I have limited off-roading experience but grew up riding quads and dirt bikes. I have been on a few Jeep weekend trips mostly as a passenger, but did some trail driving as well and plan to spend time this spring and summer up at the off road parks in NH and Maine before doing a Jamboree in PA in August. Great to be here and look forward to learning more and getting involved.
Attachments
0943FAA4-3C8D-4346-BDF4-22814AE1C597.jpeg
Lisah311
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Re: New Forum Member Check In - Sudbury, MA

Unread post by Lisah311 »

Welcome to the forum! Hopefully, soon to the club, as well.

I’d get skids sooner than later. The first time you hear something scrape under your brand new Rubi, it can be unsettling. Skids are probably the best investment you can make. We definitely drive over more rocks than dirt roads. Hope to see you out on the trail soon! That jl is sweet!
2005 Rubicon
Richl35

Unread post by Richl35 »

Welcome to the forum! That is one sharp JLUR. There is some open rides listed on the forum that you can meet some members on but hang in there. It's a great club and you certainly seem to be the type of person who will fit right in.

Hope yo catch you on the trails.
Mikmaq
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2015
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by Mikmaq »

Welcome to BSJ. Nice looking JL. If you are going to stay stock for a bit then like others have stated getting belly skids, rock sliders, and HD diff covers is a solid first investment into your build. I just did the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Hope to see you at an open run.
Life is not a dress rehearsal.....
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Hey Steve , Glad to see ya on line. Take the time to ask questions now so when you mod , you can do something once and save time and money. JK guys will be most helpful in that respect , if they are the same issues. Rock rails are a good investment up front. Skids protect all the important stuff. Tires will get you places ,but gear ratios are as important. Is it a 2/4 door ? Auto/Stick . Ask away , and you shall receive . FjR68
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

Welcome to the forums, questions will be your friend here, we are happy to help and give all the advice we have, and help spend your money lol.
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.
BlackKnight
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by BlackKnight »

Welcome aboard, Nice looking rig,
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars
sjl136
Jeep Year: 2018
Jeep Model: JL Wrangler

Unread post by sjl136 »

Wow! Thank you for all of the welcomes. I look forward to seeing you all on the trail at some point. One thing that is at least keeping me from jumping right into the first mods is the slim selection so far for the JL for things like under belly skids. Soon enough I guess after some first adopter reviews are out. I was able to get in some brief trail play time today and had a good time getting a feel for the 4lo and the manual 6spd. The JL has a hill hold feature so got to test that on some inclines. I don’t know if previous gens had this on the manuals, but I think it can be deactivated in the menus if so desired. Time to give it a wash and take a peak to see where I lightly dragged underneath 1 or 2 times. No complaints around the manual and the 4.1 gears in this four door so far. Sure, I might prefer the 8 speed auto for some trails but I had to get the manual for the daily fun factor and so far really enjoy it. Thanks again for saying hello and I look forward to bouncing questions off the group.