Hey again - back from falling off the planet :)

You can talk about anything here
Colin
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1993
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Re: Hey again - back from falling off the planet :)

Unread post by Colin »

Thanks for all the replies guys, definitaly going to stay away from that option then. Might be good for a DD but not something you want to take on the trail!

Yeah already got my wheels turning about the CJ hood conversion, and it sounds like there are a lot of added perks as well. I like the look and style of the CJ's, but if it's going to be sub-par on performance without a /lot/ of work, it sounds like I should just play it a bit safer.
johnsxj
Jeep Year: 1988
Jeep Model: XJ Cherokee

Unread post by johnsxj »

Yep,
The YJ's are cheaper than CJ's in any given condition, have a smoother ride, '91 up is injected, tons of aftermarket support, better HVAC system, and you can still make it retro with a CJ front clip conversion and even a tailgate flop conversion!
You can't bolt on experience!!!!!!
Function over form=4x4

"The opinions expressed in this program do not reflect the views of this network."
84cj
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1984
Jeep Model: CJ7

Unread post by 84cj »

Colin, if your up for it, I have room in my CJ for you this Saturday. If you come just remember to bring an extra pair of Jeans, remember what happened last time...

OK people, sick thoughts. He split his plants getting in my heep.

Curtis
Colin
Jeep Year: 1993
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by Colin »

Haha yeah that was a fairly classic moment. Don't think I've ever had that happen before, and haven't happen since. That's how you know your Jeep is "pants splitting" lifted :)

I need to check on a couple plans, but I /may/ be able to. Going to a friend's 25th (birthday) later that evening, so I just need to check what time he was planning on kicking things off. Really appreciate the offer :)