Tire vibration

RalphTomaccio
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2012
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Re: Tire vibration

Unread post by RalphTomaccio »

Well, I contacted Tom Woods and just got back a reply. Low and behold, read this:

Ralph:

It looks like you’ve been having fun in your Jeep. Assuming all else is good with the drive shaft, you would be looking at $80.00 for the repair. This would include a new dust cap, re-tubing of the drive shaft, re-balancing and UPS ground freight back to your door.

Once the drive shaft is here, it should ship out the following business day (assuming we can get in touch with you promptly to confirm billing & shipping information)

If/When sending; please include a note with your name and phone number. A copy of this E-mail would be helpful too.

Our mailing and shipping address is:
2147 N. Rulon White Blvd. # 103
Ogden, Utah 84404

Thank you,

Tom Wood
Tom@tomscds.com
Tom Wood's Custom Drive Shafts LLC.

Guess where I'll be sending it!!!!!

Anyone available to help me remove the driveshaft?
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Hmmmmm ? Might be a better choice , Im not sure. I had a tube from the new one when I sent him a repairable one. Use ABS or PVC with a threaded end for shipping container . Good luck bud. Hope you like your two wheeler in the snow today ! Be safe FjR68
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

Well now, not a bad option, it all depends on if you want to ship it or not really. Shipping added to it should keep that price lower than the local place but how much of your time is needed to bring it there and then go get it again.

Tough call really, but I would probably lean towards mailing it back to him seeing as he built it and all.
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.
RalphTomaccio
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2012
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by RalphTomaccio »

pirahnah3 wrote:Well now, not a bad option, it all depends on if you want to ship it or not really. Shipping added to it should keep that price lower than the local place but how much of your time is needed to bring it there and then go get it again.

Tough call really, but I would probably lean towards mailing it back to him seeing as he built it and all.
Either drive 23 miles/30 minutes to bring it to RI Driveshaft or box it up and drive it to UPS and save $100.00. Not a tough decision at all. Besides, I saved the box it was shipped to me in originally, so I'm all set there as well.
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

RalphTomaccio wrote:Either drive 23 miles/30 minutes to bring it to RI Driveshaft or box it up and drive it to UPS and save $100.00. Not a tough decision at all. Besides, I saved the box it was shipped to me in originally, so I'm all set there as well.
I thought it was $125, just went back a page and realized you said $195, yeah no brainer. Must be all that sunshine I got last week that fried my brain lol. (Definitely was NOT involving anything else for a week thou lol)
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Thats why everyone has recommended TW to you Jim. Half the time HE answers the phone. He stands behind his work , He knows what we do with them and still stands behind his stuff. FjR68