Rims and tire questions

BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Re: Rims and tire questions

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

RalphTomaccio wrote:Being less stiff, wouldn't load range C offer more flex than E? I would think that is a highly desirable feature when off-roading. No?
At the same PSI it would. Drop the Pressure and increase the flex. Thats one of the reasons airing a stock street tire down below 17-18 PSI isn't advisable.

I bet if you took a two tires, of the same size but different load types, you could get them to flex the same by varying the PSI. One tire might flex well at 15 PSI, but the higher Load Range tire will flex the same at 12 PSI.
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly
MDSRACING398
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1985
Jeep Model: CJ7

Unread post by MDSRACING398 »

I disagree but not getting into pissing contest. Whatever works for you is the best. Load e are heavier too which means more mass to turn. Which equals less gas mileage and more stress on shafts. But I'm just a newbie with an opinion. On a side note my 42 x 14 x 16.5 are only load d and there made for rock crawling.
Do it right the first time!
Second place is First Loser! Work Harder
Semper Fi
ImNotCassie
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2011
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by ImNotCassie »

Thanks for all the input. Being a newbie I know the value of good advice. I also knew when I posted that I would gets lots of different opinions. Right now my 31's are E and i have done okay. The only flat i have gotten .... well, there's photos of that.
-Cassandra
2011 Silver/Black JK

It's never a mannequin!!
https://talkingtruecrime.podbean.com