Hello everyone! I'm Aaron

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Re: Hello everyone! I'm Aaron

Unread post by Frank »

I like how the tow points are inside the frame with out drilling new holes ! Very well thought out. FjR68
AaronPerry
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2014
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by AaronPerry »

Update: With a nice glamour shot lol. Front is done. Added some windshield lights since I had an extra set. Mounted the KC fogs that are suppose to fit in the stock bumper on the farilead mount. Just hacked it together with an L-bracket from Home Depot. Now just waiting for my ATX Slab wheels to come (should be end of next week) so I can get the lift and tires installed!! Everything else is done. (front and rear bumpers, CB, lights, etc)

-Aaron
14 Rubicon
4.56, 37" STT Pro on 17" Slabs, Evo Double D Pro, Evo front/rear bumper, aFe Hi-Tuck, RCV Front shafts, G2 gold rear shafts, EVO/Rockhard skids, Crawler Concepts corners/fenders, Rockhard sliders, Full Hydro Steering
BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

It's lookin good! Be mindful of your passenger front fender when wheeling. I apparently have a tendancy to "smoosh" mine into trees and with a stubby bumper, the first thing to hit is the fender.
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly
AaronPerry

BlackNBlue-ISH wrote:It's lookin good! Be mindful of your passenger front fender when wheeling. I apparently have a tendancy to "smoosh" mine into trees and with a stubby bumper, the first thing to hit is the fender.
I know that all too well :lol: If you look at the first post and the pic of my TJ you can see the passenger side fender is smashed. Not sure how many sets of fenders I went though over the years. So glad for knockoff Bushwacker fenders and being to buy one off ebay haha!
-Aaron
14 Rubicon
4.56, 37" STT Pro on 17" Slabs, Evo Double D Pro, Evo front/rear bumper, aFe Hi-Tuck, RCV Front shafts, G2 gold rear shafts, EVO/Rockhard skids, Crawler Concepts corners/fenders, Rockhard sliders, Full Hydro Steering
AaronPerry

Update! Added a Trektop NX in twill. Added some green and got my ATX wheels yesterday. Painting the rings green also. Dropping it off Monday for the lift and tires to be installed

-Aaron
14 Rubicon
AaronPerry

Some more pics
-Aaron
14 Rubicon
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member

Unread post by Frank »

Man ! That looks like you just hit Mega-Buks ! Gonna be a sweet ride soon.;) FjR68
AaronPerry

Glamour shot

-Aaron
14 Rubicon
AaronPerry

So here is the updated pic. Pretty much finished for now (though the AEV snorkel is on the way) and will install that once I get it.

I had to drop the ATX Slab beadlocks for now :( since I couldn't get them balanced. So went with the fake kind lol. Also the green was cool, but I got tired of it quick, so now it's gone lol

Anyway here it the updated pic. Hope to get out on the trails with you all this spring!!!!! My gf is bugging the hell out of me to get out on the trails and I agree with her!

-Aaron
14 Rubicon
AaronPerry

One more glamour shot lol
-Aaron
14 Rubicon
ASauer17
BSJ BOD President
Jeep Year: 1998
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by ASauer17 »

Ooooo! I like the non-green version! I'm all for simple shades.. black, grey, and white :)
98/99 TJ
2023 President
----------------------------------------
2021 Director of Events
2018 Secretary
2016 & 2017 President
2014 & 2015 Secretary
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member

Unread post by Frank »

I liked the green . Just cause they call Monas engine bay a lego center dont make her a bad girl. Do me a favor and check your mileage now and after the snorkel install. Im told it drops as its harder to get air to the engine. FjR68
AaronPerry

Frank wrote:I liked the green . Just cause they call Monas engine bay a lego center dont make her a bad girl. Do me a favor and check your mileage now and after the snorkel install. Im told it drops as its harder to get air to the engine. FjR68
Will do. I'm curious too. I had one on each of my TJs (1998 and a 2006) both with the ARB version and didn't notice any drop in MPG. I also hear that the AEV Gen 2 version was bumped up to 4" and not 3" as on the Gen 1 and from what I have read most people haven't noticed a drop. But who knows. I still need to program my computer for the correct tire size anyway haha

I have heard the MPG drop is more from the Rugged Ridge, ARB and River Raider because of all the bends and twists. The AEV is almost directly in to the air box. No going under and round the wheel well.
-Aaron
14 Rubicon