Trails in or close to Western Mass

You can talk about anything here
cmsmith42
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1976
Jeep Model: CJ5

Trails in or close to Western Mass

Unread post by cmsmith42 »

Hey everyone, couple of jeep guys here in far Western Mass trying to find some legal trails. We have modified jeeps so dirt roads get boring but don't want to break the law either. Seems to be harder and harder to find places we can go here in taxachusetts was hoping you guys could help us out. We are in Lee which is almost to the NY border and hoping there are some good places to go that isn't too too far of a drive. Does anyone know of anything near us? I'll be checking this forum for updates but a more direct way to get me is CMSmith42@aol.com Thanks for any help
Captian Carnage
Jeep Year: 2004
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Re: Trails in or close to Western Mass

Unread post by Captian Carnage »

Email sent
Scott
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: XJ Cherokee

Unread post by Scott »

You'll need to join a club to get access to the really good stuff.
Since you guys are that far out I'd recommend you look up this group, http://wm4x4.com/ good bunch of people.
They come out east a bit also but at least you can travel in a group.
BSJ is also accepting members.
ChrisD
Jeep Year: 2003

Unread post by ChrisD »

cmsmith42 wrote:Hey everyone, couple of jeep guys here in far Western Mass trying to find some legal trails. We have modified jeeps so dirt roads get boring but don't want to break the law either. Seems to be harder and harder to find places we can go here in taxachusetts was hoping you guys could help us out. We are in Lee which is almost to the NY border and hoping there are some good places to go that isn't too too far of a drive. Does anyone know of anything near us? I'll be checking this forum for updates but a more direct way to get me is CMSmith42@aol.com Thanks for any help

What's the setup of your jeep? How did you find this forum, just trying to keep track how folks find us.
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

cmsmith42 wrote:Hey everyone, couple of jeep guys here in far Western Mass trying to find some legal trails. We have modified jeeps so dirt roads get boring but don't want to break the law either. Seems to be harder and harder to find places we can go here in taxachusetts was hoping you guys could help us out. We are in Lee which is almost to the NY border and hoping there are some good places to go that isn't too too far of a drive. Does anyone know of anything near us? I'll be checking this forum for updates but a more direct way to get me is CMSmith42@aol.com Thanks for any help
Sounds like you guys are prime candidates for joining a club!

I know you guys are hoping for places close by, but to be honest, there really isn't any way around having to drive a couple to get to the good wheeling. You're in the same boat as the Boston and south shore folks. That's just the way it is in the North East. That said, many of the local clubs you can check out have access to private land which makes the drive more than worth it.
Carl McFly wrote:X2, I agree with Joe. And not just because he's man candy
BSJ President 2003 - 2005
SidewaysTim
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Unread post by SidewaysTim »

Follow this link to a list of clubs in the North East Association of 4WD Clubs.
http://www.nea4wd.org/clubs/index.cfm?f ... opic_id=40
There are some clubs in VT and NY as well. Isn't there a new 4wd park in upstate NY also?
I am the foremost authority on my opinion.
Formerly FortyFour
nostaw

Unread post by nostaw »

As a general rule clubs won't provide information about trails to non-members... Manny will say this is because we see a lot of people abuse trails and the organized clubs take the heat. The other reason is because of liability -- club members have to sign a waiver before accessing the trails we have access too.

As was suggested previously -- you're best bet is to join a club (either BSJ or something else) and go on the club sponsored trail runs.

JW
Kodi

Unread post by Kodi »

x infinity. Do it the right way...join a NEA club. Nuff said.
DIFFERENT ISN'T ALWAYS BETTER, BUT BETTER IS ALWAYS DIFFERENT"

Dale Dauten