Steering box

Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Steering box

Unread post by Frank »

Finally got the replacement steering box from AGR (Aggravating,Grumpy,Rubbish) ! See what I did there. I had done some research and found many people having an issue with their super box 2 . All the complaints were hard or not being able to turn left ! Same as mine. Dealing with the Co. is very aggravating to say the least. Quadratec handled the replacement with no question seeing it was 6 months into a year warrentee . I upgraded to the super box 1 which I didnt find to have this issue for 39 buks . Installed it yesterday and took her for a ride and TaDa , all is well. SB 2 has what they call sport valving to keep you from oversteering on the road. SB1 has what they call light valving. I can finally turn this wreck with one hand , finger , palm of your hand ! Take that Sport valving and put it up there ! SB1 has a quick ratio of 12x1 and wasnt recommended for street driving with a short wheelbase. I did mostly town roads but did run the highway home (couple exits) with no issues and it felt very stable . After what we do to the suspensions , you should already know the quirks and danger points so I dont expect any surprises . Now for the install of a new TW front drive shaft today. Maybe Brookridge ? FjR68