You can talk about anything here
elt31987
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2008
Jeep Model: KJ Liberty

Re: New To the Forum

Unread post by elt31987 »

Carl McFly wrote:welcome aboard!

Stoneham.... I know where that is. They have a DD there!

I'd like to see your HID conversion and get yer input on how you like it
Id be happy to meet up and show you the lights, they work AMAZING. Only ran me about 70 Dollars total on Ebay, Install was cake and if i want to change the (K) Temp i can get replacement bulbs that snap right in for like 30 bucks.
2008 KK Liberty
Inferno Red
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Rear Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front/Rear Tow Hooks
Mopar Skids
elt31987

Croce wrote:
Scott wrote:BTW, If you two are interested in joining we do way more than class six roads. We are an NEA4WD club that practices tread lightly. )
Yea i'm interested in joining. Wanted to check out the site/forums beforehand. I actually found your organization on the NEA4WD organization list..

Unfortunately my JK is also my DD so i can't do anything too harsh yet... :(

Not sure if this is the place to ask but i was reading through the requirements to wheel with you guys and i meet them all except the CB radio part. Are those definitely required to wheel? Also how about the full spare?
Same thing, its the DD so i gutta be careful :mrgreen:
2008 KK Liberty
Inferno Red
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Skids
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

we typically split up into easy and hard groups and a few people here wheel their DDs a few JKs in the group as well. You can get a hand held cbs for cheap I have a midland cb 75-822 that can be run off batteries or the cig lighter mine is tied into an external antenna....
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
Scott
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: XJ Cherokee

Unread post by Scott »

A CB is defiantly needed. Many times the cells don't get very good service where we go AND if there is a problem with your rig, another rig, or some other unexpected thing the CB is instant communication.

I'd say 70% run their DD's. Thats why our runs are on Saturdays, gives you Sunday to clean, inspect and fix.
Eve
Jeep Year: 2001
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by Eve »

Seriously, I run my DD, handheld CB (found cheap on Amazon) and have a blast - I say go for it!! Live dangerously!
Those who dance are often thought mad by those who cannot hear the music.
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Chris : That is the main reason for losing land . Its called trespassing ! Also we are to be promoting tread lightly . I dont usualy jump in on things like this as I have an area that isnt really open to vehicular traffic , but I use my head when and how to use the trail. You represent our club as a member and you really need to think about the big picture. FjR68
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

Greetings guys. Welcome to the forum! Please don't take any of the powerline comments negatively! These guys are just trying to help both you and ourselves. Our sport has suffered quite a few trail closures in recent years. Our stereotype with the general public typically isn't a positive one. People can get very passionate when it comes to land use.

That said, this a great club to join. It is geared to the slightly modified Jeeper and not only provides legal recreation opportunity, but also education in land use issues. We can help you become more familiar with your rig, teach self recovery techniques, and offer advice in repairs or upgrades.

Frank wrote:Chris : That is the main reason for losing land . Its called trespassing ! Also we are to be promoting tread lightly . I dont usually jump in on things like this as I have an area that isnt really open to vehicular traffic , but I use my head when and how to use the trail. You represent our club as a member and you really need to think about the big picture. FjR68
With all due respect Frank, I think your jumping on Chris a little excessively. I don't see how he's not using his head from the one sentence he posted about scaring people away. Just about everyone here started out riding powerlines. I was certainly no angel! I think Chris had correct intentions, but approaches these issues with a less aggressive style. Having been in land use for many a year now, I have had greater success in my encounters with this approach too. When I read the thread from the beginning, it does come off the way Chris interpreted it. That's also not to say that Scott was incorrect either, as everyone has their own style when it comes to land use. My experience, is that it's easier to make friendships with an open hand, absorb, and educate. If I came off aggressively, the NEA would probably not have two current member clubs. My $.02.
Carl McFly wrote:X2, I agree with Joe. And not just because he's man candy
BSJ President 2003 - 2005
Opie
Jeep Year: 2001

Unread post by Opie »

I run my DD too...a few dents in the skids and some scratches in the paint, but no real damage...and I got a handheld CB on Ebay for $10.00!!
“If you find it hard to laugh at yourself, I would be happy to do it for you.”

- Groucho Marx
Scott
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: XJ Cherokee

Unread post by Scott »

I thought I was very polite. :)
smileyfish
Jeep Model: CJ3B

Unread post by smileyfish »

welcome guys, mine was my dd till last year, drove it every day to and from work, wheeled it ok too. drove it to moab and back last year too.

elt31987

smileyfish wrote:welcome guys, mine was my dd till last year, drove it every day to and from work, wheeled it ok too. drove it to moab and back last year too.

Beautiful TJ man
2008 KK Liberty
Inferno Red
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Skids
Kodi
Jeep Year: 2004

Unread post by Kodi »

not scaring, try asking, so as to educate the masses on how to NOT have things close on us?!!!

Scott is just asking what many are thinking.

So, just in case you don't know; power lines are illegeal in MA to run. You can get fined, among other things. AND it shows the general public that the wheeling monsters are bad people and all things should be shut down. Sigh.... Please, educate yourselves on the proper use of land, no matter where it is, or who it belongs to.

Public lands are few and far in between in MA is all Scott was trying to say. AND if you do wheel, you need written permission of EVERY landowner whose property you are on.

Please, also join a reputable club so you can have access to great people, great places that are legal, and a HUGE family of wheeling crazies that do it right and still have fun! Check out Baystate Jeepers further, or check out the North East Association of 4 wheel drive clubs.

Do NOT believe what you see on Jeep commercials! LOL..stupid marketing people!
DIFFERENT ISN'T ALWAYS BETTER, BUT BETTER IS ALWAYS DIFFERENT"

Dale Dauten
wesley4x4
Jeep Year: 1999

Unread post by wesley4x4 »

just a note on the whole CB thing... if you don't have a CB you won't be able to hear joe (zaedok) sing all the oldies, so another big advantage to owning a CB ;)
also i run a completely stock jeep and the only thing that went out on me sofar is the anti-swaybar linkage (thingy) and my gas skid plate but people are nice enough in this club to sometimes give you free things :D

i can't thank these guys enough for how much they help me out :)
baystate jeepers = family <3
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
Haters, they don't have 4 bangers, and aren't JDM like me!
Croce
Jeep Year: 2009
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by Croce »

Thanks everyone! Good to hear people run with thier DD's too

Just bought a 40 Channel Handheld CB from Amazon for $30, Hope its sufficient and that Zaedok sings some good oldies like zepp,floyd,csny..ect :lol:

Also we are aware that power lines are not available to public use without owners permission or consent., Wouldn't of went there if the Police officer didn't give us the go ahead.
Don't want you guys getting the wrong impression and think we're wheeling without permission or wheeling recklessly. :|
2009 Jeep JK Sahara Unlimited | Smittybilt SRC Rock Guards | Rockcrusher Solid Front D30 Diff Cover | KC Hilities Daylighters |

As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it- Einstein
jquader
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by jquader »

Croce wrote:Just bought a 40 Channel Handheld CB from Amazon for $30, Hope its sufficient and that Zaedok sings some good oldies like zepp,floyd,csny..ect :lol:
Oh please do not be encouraging him...

BTW, this is what I hear most often when he's around :lol:

BSJ Secretary 2019, 2013, 2012 - DOT 2015 - DOE 2017, 2016

I wonder what's on the other side.