New Guy Here

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
erk469
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2006
Jeep Model: KK Liberty

New Guy Here

Unread post by erk469 »

I moved up here from Tenn. I love to go wheelin, it was great in Tenn, but I, well my wife decided we needed to move so I now live in Whitman, mass. I'm a retired Disabled vet and I love the outdoors and i hope I am able to meet other members and friends to have fun. I have a 2006 XK, but i have been offroading about 4-5 yrs now. Current mods are led tail lights, stubby antenna, cobra 40ch cb, firestik, roof rack, offroad lights on roof rack. I plan on gettin it lifted in about a month or so, adding skid plates, and maybe new rims and tires.
ArticRubi
Jeep Year: 2008
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Re: New Guy Here

Unread post by ArticRubi »

Hey buddy! Welcome! If you like the outdoors, camping, and wheeling; we're your group. We've got some excellent events scheduled for the 2013 season, including our Jeep 101 event which will give you an excellent knowledge base to get in to the sport.

Our club supports all rigs from completely stock to quite modified. Lots of guys here who have been doing this stuff for a long time and we love having the opportunity to get all interested parties into the fold.

You'll find this forum very useful in preparing yourself and your rig for some great off road times. Ask all the questions you want, and look forward to an excellent 2013 wheeling season!

- Duncan
erk469

Unread post by erk469 »

Thanks, I can't wait until 2013, I hope to get some snow wheeling and camping in this winter.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Kodi
Jeep Year: 2004
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by Kodi »

Hey, welcome. What's your name, or should we just call you Tenn!? LOL....do you have any pics of your rig? What kind of wheeling did you like to do down there. We have lots of rock and just a little mud! Look forward to meeting you. We have our Spring meeting in March and probably a meet up or two over the winter too. Keep your eyes open on dates!

X2 on everything Duncan said too!
Kelly
DIFFERENT ISN'T ALWAYS BETTER, BUT BETTER IS ALWAYS DIFFERENT"

Dale Dauten
erk469

Unread post by erk469 »

We did a lot muddin, camping and snow runs, nothing too serious. Oh yeah, I'm Erik by the way.
uploadfromtaptalk1354964722003.jpg
Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

Hi Erik
Welcome to the forum! Id love to see a commander on the trail, wife has the hemi version but its strictly a DD / Tow rig... Let us know if you have any questions and thank you for serving this fine country of ours!

Jeff
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
DDewar53
Jeep Year: 1990
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by DDewar53 »

Hi Erik, and welcome to the great north east. My grandmother grew up in Whitman, right across the street from the raised gazebo that they have there. I spent a lot of time playing in that park. Thanks for your service, too. My son's motorcycle club puts on a few benefits for disabled vets over at the Whitman VFW a couple of times a year, they're pretty good times, and raise a lot of $ for vets.
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert A. Heinlein
Modeler
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Unread post by Modeler »

Welcome and thank you for your service.
Speed costs money, how slow do you want to go?
95xj
Jeep Year: 1995
Jeep Model: XJ Cherokee

Unread post by 95xj »

Hey Eric...nice jeep. I can give you tips on how to treat it. Don't mind the photo of my xj. It's a trick photo tht makes it look like it's up side down...uhhh right. Glad to ahve you aboard.
Kodi
Jeep Year: 2004
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by Kodi »

Erik, we are having a snow tubing day, check the general topic section. Feb 2. You can meet some of us then!
DIFFERENT ISN'T ALWAYS BETTER, BUT BETTER IS ALWAYS DIFFERENT"

Dale Dauten