ANOTHER XJ first!

Carl McFly
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

ANOTHER XJ first!

Unread post by Carl McFly »

So my XJ vent is stuck on 'defrost'. And there's a 94% chance it's a vacuum leak. And the probability is 97% that the problem is with the line that runs under the battery. Right? Right! (you can quote me but you should know that I make up stats 96% of the time)

But the vacuum line is amazingly mint, in realllly good shape. Huh...... Next stop, check the other end of the vacuum line - and the vacuum canister / reservoir is MISSING!! LMAO! :lol:

I must have read 100 posts and not ONE of them had a missing canister as the culprit! Plug up the vacuum line and she works like a charm
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Re: ANOTHER XJ first!

Unread post by Frank »

Ive got a vacuum line ! FjR68
dips
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by dips »

i had the same problem with my tj, found the the vac line was melted in a spot that i couldnt really see. then when putting on my engine skid plate my friend noticed it. fixed it and now everything works. just my 2 cents
nostaw

Unread post by nostaw »

In Moab I discovered a big hole in the end of the vacuum line... The canister was basically falling off too, which is why I was looking at it... I relocated the canister and removed the bad line, but I'm not sure it made anything better...

JW