Hail to the "Electric Chicken"!
ArticRubi
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2008
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Re: Tons, Atlas

Unread post by ArticRubi »

ZAEDOCK wrote:Electrician? Poultry?

Hence forth, your rig is now officially called, the "Electric Chicken". :animals-chickencatch:
:like:
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

IronTortoise wrote:Hail to the "Electric Chicken"!
Not yet. He must first earn his cowbell. :lol:
Carl McFly wrote:X2, I agree with Joe. And not just because he's man candy
BSJ President 2003 - 2005
Modeler
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Unread post by Modeler »

Duncan,
To confirm what Jeff posted earlier. My friend from another forum is seriously interested in the front D44.

Dave
Speed costs money, how slow do you want to go?
ArticRubi

Figured I'd put this here...repairing the broken track bar bracket today. The one that was on there (RK) was a bolt-over then weld on...

Getting replaced with this fella from Synergy. Nice and beefy and it has some mounting options to get the geometry close.

ArticRubi

Got the JunK unloaded before it even comes out of the jeep. Buyer for the transfer case from NEOW, full asking price. Trading the axles straight up to a guy in NJ for an '07 400EX that was sold new in '11 and has less than 20 hours on it. Axles are going sans the RCV's, Currie tie for and Reid knuckles...should be able to sell those for a decent chunk of change.
skibum
Jeep Year: 2007

Unread post by skibum »

Crap! I'm the guy Jeff and Dave were talking about that REALLY, REALLY wanted that front axle. Oh well.....lol. What do you need to get for the Reid knuckles?
"To enjoy life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks." - Robert A. Heinlein
DOUG
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2020
Jeep Model: JT Gladiator

Unread post by DOUG »

When do the new parts arrive? I may be able to come down and help too.
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
ArticRubi

skibum wrote:Crap! I'm the guy Jeff and Dave were talking about that REALLY, REALLY wanted that front axle. Oh well.....lol. What do you need to get for the Reid knuckles?
PM Sent
DOUG wrote:When do the new parts arrive? I may be able to come down and help too.
The Atlas has a tentative ship date of 11/3. They said they will call about 10 days before to take payment and confirm specs. Sounds like I'll be looking at a mid-November time frame for install. I'd love some help!

After wheeling my current setup on 37's a good bit, I think I'm going to shelf the comp cut and stretch idea for this season. At my current wheelbase, lift, and tire hight, I still manage to get high centered...not infrequently :D The comp cut and stretch will be much better suited for moving up to 40" + meats later on. I'm really satisfied with how the 37" Treps are running, so I'm going to stick with it until they're done.

Did about a half day of wheeling at Swanzey today, great spot...I was out there for 6 hours and I doubt I saw half of it. I'll post some pics up later when I get a bit of time, going for wings and beer :music-rockout:
ArticRubi

Project underway. Pulling the transfer case today, buyer is anxious to get his hands on it as he's in the midst of a Hemi build. Pulled RR skids, these things are absolute pieces of polished crap. I guess I'm the fool though in assuming a bit of 3/16" mild steel wouldn't fold like a cheap suit.

Still about 7 weeks out on axle delivery, that sucks. The punch list is as follows until they arrive:
* Mate the Atlas 4 speed
* Drop fuel tank
* Relocate evap system
* Fit fuel cell
* Relocate engine bay electronics. Batteries to rear, fuse panel to firewall, ECU to firewall, ABS controller to firewall
* Fix oil leak, I think it's the oil pan seal
* New transmission crossmember
* Plumbing for full hydro, replace steering gear with orbital valve
* Fabricate new flat belly skid. 3/8" steel, gusseted to hell and back. Working with a local metal shop, they're going to use their press brake to bend it to the transmission crossmember lines.

This should keep me busy until the axles get here, possibly after as time allows. Anyway, a couple pics of the crap skids and where my rig will be parked this winter!

Last edited by ArticRubi on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArticRubi

NP241 is out and ready to go to its new home!

ArticRubi

Fairly productive work day yesterday, spent a couple of hours getting my shop cleaned up and installing some shelving units, generally getting things organized for the build. After that I decided to go ahead and get in to the fuel system, so I removed the gas tank and evap canister. There sure is a lot of room between the frame rails once that stuff is out of the way. I also got most of the cat back, up to the Y pipe removed. Got a bit of work left on that, but I'm going to shelf anything on the exhaust until after getting the front links built. Also fully removed the transmission crossmember and set the tranny on a jack stand.

I had a few more hours left in the day so I decided to go ahead and start in to getting the inner fender walls cleared. This is a good time to bring up the issue of tracking your progress. I picked up a notebook and started making detailed notes and drawings of everything I'm taking apart, sure it's fresh in my mind now but I'm sure it won't be in a few months. I got the battery disconnected first, then decided to move to the driver's side. I removed the sPod and ARB compressor for relocation, then got into the main part of the job. First I removed the ABS computer, just a few bolts holding it in place. Then I moved to the ABS module and mapped all of the brake lines before disconnecting. After that came out I pulled the massive plastic piece which everything mounts on. Right not it looks like relocating should be a fairly easy job, we'll see if that holds true after I get the Ram 1500 master cylinder in there. I'll be running all new hard lines and keeping the ABS module in the system. At least all of the wire runs are getting shorter, I may have to separate some of the looms to get the 2 AC harnesses, alternator harness, and the "whatever-the-****-i-disconnected-from-behind-the-headlight" to fit, but it should be a fairly simple process. The fuse pannel on the passenger's side will be a bit more difficult. Looks like there are wire looms stretching not just to the rear, but also forward out of the pannel, so there's a very good chance I'll have to spend some time making one or two of the looms longer. Will be starting this project on Thursday. A few pics of the cleared fender well, you can see my old coilover tower waaaaay down there :D There's literally enough room to drive a Fiat through there now.

schwalby
Jeep Year: 2003
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by schwalby »

ArticRubi wrote: and the "whatever-the-****-i-disconnected-from-behind-the-headlight" to fit,
Plug that in ASAP!!! That is the self destruct wire!!!! :-o
Josh Schwalb
ArticRubi wrote:Remember: poor planning on my part constitutes an emergency on yours.
ArticRubi

schwalby wrote: Plug that in ASAP!!! That is the self destruct wire!!!! :-o
ArticRubi

No work this week, mom was on from NC, I did get the LONG awaited packed from Advance Adaptors as well as the new Spyderlocks. Sweet.