New from the South Shore

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
STRAT
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2009
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

New from the South Shore

Unread post by STRAT »

HEllo! I'm new to the forum and hopefully soon to be a new member (submitted information waiting on response). I recently purchased my 3rd Wrangler. Its an 09X. The previous owner put what appears to be a 3" teraflex lift, on it (I am not 100% certain.) and some aftermarket wheels with 285 x 70R 17 BFG MT. I have never been off road before but am looking forward to getting out there and getting this thing dirty. Yes I know, 3rd wrangler and never been off road?

My first was an 87 YJ with holes in the floor big enough to crawl through. Ran like a top, but I certainly had some trust issues with taking it on the trails and risking putting any real stress on the old frame.

My second was a 97sport. Loved it an would probably still have it, except I fell in love with my current Jeep when I drove by it at the dealership, and my wife insisted that I only needed one Jeep in the driveway, so I traded her in (the jeep not the wife :doh: ).

With the newest addition to my family I added some flat fender flares and once I get off road a little I plan on some new bumpers. I am not certain what type of bumpers I plan on buying yet because I want to get off road a little bit to be sure a invest in one that will most fit my needs. As for other future mods I'm thinking of rhinolining the tub once the winter hits, and maybe some updated speakers.
Attachments
JK.jpg
People who think too much before they act don't act too much.
johnsxj
Jeep Year: 1988
Jeep Model: XJ Cherokee

Re: New from the South Shore

Unread post by johnsxj »

Welcome!
Nice looking Jeep.
You can't bolt on experience!!!!!!
Function over form=4x4

"The opinions expressed in this program do not reflect the views of this network."
Carl McFly
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by Carl McFly »

nice rig! Good to see no doors or top on it
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
DDewar53
Jeep Year: 1990
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by DDewar53 »

Welcome to the forum, and the club.

We'll get you out on some trails and get you started. I like your attitude - wait to figure out what you need rather than jump in and buy the first pretty thing you see...

Where did you get the flat fenders? I'm in the market for some.

Where on the South Shore are you? I'm in Holbrook. If you want some help wrenching on that let me know - it's about time we had a wrenchfest down our way. Most of them seem to happen on the North Shore or out west.
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert A. Heinlein
STRAT
Jeep Year: 2009

Unread post by STRAT »

I'm in Hanover. Got the fenders from 4wheelonline.com. They were the cheapest I could find them at 450$ plus there was a 50$ rebate at the time. I'm sure I could use a hand when I go to strip the interior come fall and do the tub. Thanks for the offer and I might have to take you up on that! Like wise if you need a hand over in Holbrook please give me a shout. :handgestures-thumbupright:
Last edited by STRAT on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
People who think too much before they act don't act too much.
Marky
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013

Unread post by Marky »

DDewar53 wrote:Where did you get the flat fenders? I'm in the market for some.
X2!
2014-19 Vice President
Other positions: DOE, At-Large
2013 JK Rubicon, 3" lift, 35" tires, lots of armor
DDewar53
Jeep Year: 1990
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by DDewar53 »

STRAT wrote:I'm in Hanover. Got the fenders from 4wheelonline.com. They were the cheapest I could find them at 450$ plus there was a 50$ rebate at the time. I'm sure I could use a hand when I go to strip the interior come fall and do the tub. Thanks for the offer and I might have to take you up on that! Like wise if you need a hand over in Holbrook please give me a shout. :handgestures-thumbupright:
Funny how factory replacements are only $85 each for the front, probably less for the back, but a simpler flare with no complicated mounts or compound curves ends up being more $

I can get down to Hanover, let me know if you need a hand.
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert A. Heinlein
Dirtoyz
Jeep Year: 1997

Unread post by Dirtoyz »

:text-welcomewave:
Good lookin' Jeep.
95xj
Jeep Year: 1995

Unread post by 95xj »

Hey, Welcome, nice clean, dent free rig. Take lots of pictures, grab a seat and sit down next to it and drink a cold beer. Relish the beauty of a new thing...cuz it ain't gonna look like that forever. See you on the trail!