Dig Daddy Tie Rod?

Hoodoo Man
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Dig Daddy Tie Rod?

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

So like a few folks on the forum I have managed to bend my Currie tie rod. I want to go high steer at least on one side and am thinking of replacing rather than straightening the Currie Tie Rod. I was out with Flyin Brian recently and he mentioned that he has not bent his Big Daddy Tie rod in a year plus of hard wheeling. Anyone else out there that can speak to the benefit of the Big Daddy Tie rod?

thanks
jeff
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
COH143
Jeep Year: 1993
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Re: Dig Daddy Tie Rod?

Unread post by COH143 »

I have the Rugged Ridge heavy duty tie rods after bending my factory set on my 93 YJ. I don't think big Daddy had a YJ model but any brand heavy duty tie rod set is better then the factory junk. I say get em!
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

I run the R.R. rods also but I did the flip at the same time. It puts the linkage up near the top of the diff ! Its awsome. FjR68
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

Frank wrote:I run the R.R. rods also but I did the flip at the same time. It puts the linkage up near the top of the diff ! Its awsome. FjR68

havent taken a hit on it all year I bet Frank... ;) Miss you buddy and glad you're doing better!
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
Captian Carnage
Jeep Year: 2004
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by Captian Carnage »

Joliet Jake Blues wrote: I was out with Flyin Brian recently and he mentioned that he has not bent his Big Daddy Tie rod in a year plus of hard wheeling.
thanks
jeff
Hey Jeff Its been 5 years of wheeling You guys would say my last 2 been Extreme Going head to head with buggies and jeeps with 39.5 tires I been holding my own and out driving some of them
I put the Big daddy in after I bent 2 in 10 min span in NH Where Kurt replaced 1 for me at a loose rocky hill in NH that was my 2 year in the jeep
I have nothing but praise for the Big daddy It has passed my test with flying colors
All I bend is the Tie rod ends the Moog 1s last me 1 to 2 years the others are 6 -8 months Now that im not using it as a daily driver its been good this year only a R+P in ft thats from beating the heck out it And last Sunday I did a rear shaft Driving home from Ma bell on the road i break more on paved roads than dirt LMFAO
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

My YJ has a Crown YJ replacement on top of the CJ knuckles.
Carl McFly wrote:X2, I agree with Joe. And not just because he's man candy
BSJ President 2003 - 2005