Shameless plug for U-Do-It in Nashua

You can talk about anything here
SidewaysTim
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2004
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Re: Shameless plug for U-Do-It in Nashua

Unread post by SidewaysTim »

Eve wrote:OK - looks like it's sounding good -AND Carl warned me the tanks straps sooooo... I bought me a set - it's in my kitchen too!!
:thumbsup:
I am the foremost authority on my opinion.
Formerly FortyFour
SidewaysTim

jpcamb wrote:my locker is for the fornt as well, I appreciate the help very much!
Cool, one front and one rear. I've done a couple of D30's, a D44, and an AMC 20 but never a D35 (I assume that's what Eve has). Should be fun.
Formerly FortyFour
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

OMG Eve your locking a D35 in the rear? Why not do the front? I actually have a selectable locker installed in my D35 from the previous owner but i dont want to hook it up for fear of detonating it on the trail... It may make sense to get two bays at U do it, dont mind paying a few bucks for the shop time. Gives us a better chance of getting everything we want done in one shot....
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
Eve
Jeep Year: 2001
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by Eve »

I've done a couple of D30's, a D44, and an AMC 20 but never a D35 (I assume that's what Eve has)
Good assumption!!

Ok - if we're using U-Do-It, why don't we go for Sunday - better chance of having 2 bays at once. If you prefer Saturday, I'll just drive up a little early to make sure we get at least one!

Let me know and I'll make the new post!
Those who dance are often thought mad by those who cannot hear the music.
SidewaysTim

Um... That's Superbowl Sunday.
Formerly FortyFour
Hoodoo Man

Hi Eve,
If you are OK with it, they open at 9 on Saturday and I just talked to someone at the shop, (Sounds like Carl talked to them when he was there too) Ive tentatively reserved 2 bays on Saturday morning at 9 so we can get our jeeps in, the shop mentioned something about Carl talking about 3 bays... If we need an extra bay we can do that too and they have flat bays without lifts if we need that. he gets there a few minutes before 9, I put it under my name and gave him my phone # but no CC or anything. So if you want to start a wrench fest thread i think we have the I date/time if you dont mind an hour earlier.....
I figure with the super bowl on Sunday then Valenties day the following weekend this is probably our best bet.... If you want to get there @ 9 I can get us started pulling off the diffs and getting at your C-clips while we wait for the folks "in the know"... I have a basic Idea of what to do with my front diff to get started there too...

Aside from RTV and more diff fluid (1.5l per diff IIRC) and the locker is there anythign else we need to get?
1970 Jeepster- stock
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
Carl McFly
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2000

Unread post by Carl McFly »

Yup, I was up there and spoke to Jerry and Casey (the owners). I said we needed 2 bays definitely and MAYBE a third (in case I want to work on my control arms) but my work is minor, I can do that anytime. I'd rather help with the lockers and get more experience cause I think I'll be installing one in my XJ pretty soon

Looks like you covered things pretty well Jeff! Thanks for making that call to them
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
Kurt
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by Kurt »

It's a sure sign that spring is just around the corner... wrench's are starting to turn. :D
I'll plan on stopping by on Saturday. I'd like to check out the facilities there and lend a hand if needed.
"Build It, Run It, Break It, Improve It, Repeat!"
NEA Treasurer 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
BSJ Treasurer 2020
ChrisD
Jeep Year: 2003

Unread post by ChrisD »

Jeff how much was the locker??
Hoodoo Man

Chris wrote:Jeff how much was the locker??
Hey Chris,
It was about 340 or so... quadratec shipped. emiled Dom about it and he doesnt like lunchboxes and Lou is out of town...
1970 Jeepster- stock
Eve
Jeep Year: 2001

Unread post by Eve »

It's a sure sign that spring is just around the corner... wrench's are starting to turn.
I actually noticed it was still light out at 5 this afternoon - days are getting longer!
Um... That's Superbowl Sunday.
Opps!! I kind of stop paying attention when the Pat's are done - Sorry about that!! Saturday at 9 is great - thanks everyone!
Those who dance are often thought mad by those who cannot hear the music.
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Has anyone of you folks done this before ? There is a fair amount on understanding to go with this job. The e-z way is to remove the carrier and do it on the bench. You didnt say front or rear. One could be doing the skid while the other is at the bench. Sounds like you need a foreman ! FjR68
SidewaysTim

Hey Frank. There's another thread for this where others have offered to help.

http://forum.baystatejeepers.com/viewto ... f=18&t=175

I'm going to help as well and have done lunchbox locker installs on CJ and TJ D30's, an AMC 20, and a D44 but I haven't worked on a D35. We will be doing a D30 on 1 Jeep a D35 on the other. We should be OK but we'd love to have you if you want to come up.
Formerly FortyFour
Kurt
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by Kurt »

fortyfour wrote: I'm going to help as well and have done lunchbox locker installs on CJ and TJ D30's, an AMC 20, and a D44 but I haven't worked on a D35. We will be doing a D30 on 1 Jeep a D35 on the other.
Popping one in a D35 is essentially the same as a D30. Actually is's even easier as you usually don't need to pull the carrier or the ring gear. Just slide the axle shafts out a couple of inches and go to work. :)

D35 before...

D35 after...
"Build It, Run It, Break It, Improve It, Repeat!"
NEA Treasurer 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
BSJ Treasurer 2020
zenophryk
Jeep Year: 1999

Unread post by zenophryk »

So I'm getting in on this thread late. I Have a garage (heated, no lift, but it does have air tools) about 500 feet from U-Do-It in Nashua. it's attached to one of my rental properties. If anyone breaks something and needs a place to put a jeep, out of a rented bay, while parts are sourced, I have a parking lot.

I have also heard wonderfull things about U-Do-It, and you just can't beat his rates.

but I will be in Nasua tomorrow and will definetly stop by to help/learn.
My TJ is currently next door at the meineke maybe getting an alignment.
I am frequently getting a wobble in my right front wheel when i'm on the highway over 55mph and hit some rough surface or bump. it's almost like death wobble's little sister. I'll see what the shop says. I know it needs an alignment, but I doubt that's the cause. If they don't find anything, maybe when the other work is done tomorrow we could throw it on a lift and see what more experienced Jeepers can find wrong.