GTD 2011 Pics

** NO TRAIL NAMES **
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

GTD 2011 Pics

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

Here are a few pics from leading todays mod and hard trails. We HAVE to get a run going here. I hope someone was able to get the contact info from the owner. This place will support everyone from stock to hard.

Hey Mark - I missed you man. It was awesome wheeling with you!

If you look at the trees in the background, it was actually steeper than this. :lol:

Carl McFly wrote:X2, I agree with Joe. And not just because he's man candy
BSJ President 2003 - 2005
smileyfish
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Model: CJ3B

Re: GTD 2011 Pics

Unread post by smileyfish »

still can't believe you can't see a 38" tire, that hole was deep.
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Saweet ! Nice flames dude. FjR68
ChrisD
Jeep Year: 2003
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by ChrisD »

ZAEDOCK wrote:We HAVE to get a run going here. I hope someone was able to get the contact info from the owner. This place will support everyone from stock to hard.
Joe - Already talked to Scott, he would LOVE to see our club setup a date. I believe the cost would be $20 a rig and he would be a guide for the first couple times. However since you were a lead for the hard runs, he might have you lead the hard stuff. But I agree, this is a killer place to wheel!

To all the folks that did not attend, boy you REALLY missed out!
smileyfish
Jeep Model: CJ3B

Unread post by smileyfish »

i rode shotgun on all 3 trails, easy was easy, moderate was ok, hard had some spots, as you see in the pics above. i also got to see a map of the place and they only hit about 1/2 of trails out there, not sure how hard they are but it would be worth checking out. as the day went on the trails got worse, but what do you expext when you have hundreds of jeeps on the same trail on the same day.
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

I think Carl was supposed to lead or gun on the moderte run too. that should also help us... Do we want to try to work this into this year or next year is the main question? Chris and I can coordinate with him as Chris has had some talks already...
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
Carl McFly
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2000

Unread post by Carl McFly »

Yup, I led the moderate and easy trails, prolly 3 times on each. The moderate was more in line with stuff we do, easy trails were..... easy. Even for a TJ on street tires, low-rider suspension and half a gas tank skid!
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

Yep, Carl was there leading the Mod group. Once things started up, we (and other trail leaders like Lou) only saw each other in passing.
We did the "high five's" when we passed and Lou and I had our virtual kung fu fight as we passed each other.

It was a busy day! I didn't get to eat lunch until about 3PM (and they didn't have much left :( ).
Still, it was an awesome day and I was glad I was able to make it out. It started pouring on the ride home - glad it held off.
Carl McFly wrote:X2, I agree with Joe. And not just because he's man candy
BSJ President 2003 - 2005
ChrisD

Unread post by ChrisD »

Anyone know what the total amount of rigs showed up and how many when on the trail?
Northshore Jeeper
Jeep Year: 1996
Jeep Model: XJ Cherokee

Unread post by Northshore Jeeper »

I would def. love to go back there this year. I went along, rode shotgun on the easy and moderate trails. When I finally decided to take a run in my jeep they had stopped the trail rides for the day. :-( Something for everyone. We should plan a trip out there soon!
mightymeglet
Jeep Model: XK Commander

Unread post by mightymeglet »

Chris wrote:Anyone know what the total amount of rigs showed up and how many when on the trail?
I should be able to answer this one, being that I saw almost all the rigs come in, but I don't know. I want to say 3-5 hundred.
88jeepxj
Jeep Year: 1999

Unread post by 88jeepxj »

Carl McFly wrote:easy trails were..... easy. Even for a TJ on street tires, low-rider suspension and half a gas tank skid!
haha I think we were behind this guy. I let my buddy drive my XJ and we decided on the easy run just to see a different trail. It took us 1 hour and 15 mins to complete that run and boy was it slow. Watching a stock TJ on 27" tires was interesting though. I wanted to take him aside and give him a few tips but he was with him fam. and I didn't want to embarrass him. Maybe he will join the club and pick up a few things. There were a couple tricky sections but mostly just dirt roads.

The moderate trail was just enough for my XJ on 31s with a rear locker, there were a few hidden surprises under the mud that got me and a few tricky places you had to be careful but a good mix of mud, rock and trees. The hard trail took a few casualties. Did that JK ever make it back on to 4 wheels or did he have to flat bed it? That must have been a nasty hit to snap that tie rod like that! I wish I could have ridden with one of you guys on the hard trail.

Awesome time though. It is out of the way for me coming from the north shore but once you get there the trails are great. I am ordering new shocks today though...those poor things are gone.
Northshore Jeeper
Jeep Year: 1996

Unread post by Northshore Jeeper »

88jeepxj wrote:
Carl McFly wrote:easy trails were..... easy. Even for a TJ on street tires, low-rider suspension and half a gas tank skid!
haha I think we were behind this guy. I let my buddy drive my XJ and we decided on the easy run just to see a different trail. It took us 1 hour and 15 mins to complete that run and boy was it slow. Watching a stock TJ on 27" tires was interesting though. I wanted to take him aside and give him a few tips but he was with him fam. and I didn't want to embarrass him. Maybe he will join the club and pick up a few things. There were a couple tricky sections but mostly just dirt roads.

The moderate trail was just enough for my XJ on 31s with a rear locker, there were a few hidden surprises under the mud that got me and a few tricky places you had to be careful but a good mix of mud, rock and trees. The hard trail took a few casualties. Did that JK ever make it back on to 4 wheels or did he have to flat bed it? That must have been a nasty hit to snap that tie rod like that! I wish I could have ridden with one of you guys on the hard trail.

Awesome time though. It is out of the way for me coming from the north shore but once you get there the trails are great. I am ordering new shocks today though...those poor things are gone.

It was a very slow run (on the easy trail) That guy def. needed some pointers. I do give him credit for bringing his stock rig out there. I feel bad for the underside of his jeep.

The moderate trail was a fun run in your jeep. It took some good navigating but you handled it really well

I can vouch for your shocks being gone! My back is still killing me! LOL
funnypontiff30
Jeep Year: 2008
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by funnypontiff30 »

the easy trail was slow going but good enough for my stock JK with street tires...second run was a little harder as the mud got deeper but we made it, would have tried the mod trail if I had my new tires on but the easy trail was still a blast to drive. The view was great minus the black flies and would def go back for another run...best part I ahve to admit was winning the raffle prize :D
ChrisD

Unread post by ChrisD »

funnypontiff30 wrote: winning the raffle prize :D
What did you end up winning?