New to the group

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
wklove10
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2006
Jeep Model: ZJ

New to the group

Unread post by wklove10 »

Hey Folks,

I am a few minutes new to this group, and hope to get into wheeling with all of you. I have an 06 Limited Grand Cherokee (WK), with a 3 inch Old Man Emu Suspension Lift with 285 Hankook A/T's. I've replaced stock bulbs with brighter ones, did a custom paint job on the chrome grill with black rhino lining. I've modded my spare tire well somewhat so that it can fit a full size spare. Lastly, I recently added a programmer to fix the speedometer with bigger tires.
Mods to come... I hope to put Hella fog lights inside the grill as offroad lighting, and replace the interior lights with LED's for a crisper look. In the next year or so i want to custom fabricate entry and exit skid plates for a crisper, custom look.
This is my 3rd jeep, I had a 98 wrangler, the 2005 wrangler that Dewey now has, and now my current Grand Cherokee. Every time I've been off road I have broken things... Like expensive things. I don't have much mechanic experience but want to get into it a lot more. This jeep is my daily driver and I want to get involved with moderate trail riding that will gain my confidence that wheeling doesn't have to be very expensive.

My pictures are too big supposedly, any recommendations?

Cheers,

Will
jeeplife05
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Re: New to the group

Unread post by jeeplife05 »

Welcome Will, its great to have you along in the group!

Cheers,
Dewey
Injection is nice, but I'd rather be blown!
Scott
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: XJ Cherokee

Unread post by Scott »

Welcome, Use Photobucket to upload pictures to and then post the link they supply. Photobucket is free for the basics.
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

wklove10 wrote:Every time I've been off road I have broken things... Like expensive things.
Greetings! That's a good quote. :lol: Sounds like another club I belong to.

I'm not sure what you broke during your excursions, but trail rides with Baystate are very moderate and usually only claim the typically abused items like u-joints and axleshafts (very rarely). Wheeling with the group, you will learn a great deal about off road driving and have access to experienced spotters with recovery equipment. I most definitely know that wheeling is an expensive sport, but it doesn't have to be at the moderate level. There's no way that you should break components every time you go out. This is a great group of folks who will do their best to take care of you while out on the trail.
Carl McFly wrote:X2, I agree with Joe. And not just because he's man candy
BSJ President 2003 - 2005
Carl McFly
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by Carl McFly »

wklove10 wrote:Every time I've been off road I have broken things... Like expensive things.
OMG that's a great line!

Welcome aboard! I'd love to do a WK / ZJ / WZJK..... :?...... Grand Cherokee build. The thought of wheelin with AC and leather seats, that kind of appeals to me. Of course I need to balance that with the desire to do snow runs with no doors 8-)

You're gonna like it here. You won't find a better group of wheelers
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"