Ron

You can talk about anything here
Seth
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1988
Jeep Model: MJ Comanche

Ron

Unread post by Seth »

Hi again everyone, I am sorry to come back with such bad news...

On the first of this year Ron Clapp was found dead on his couch. The exact cause is unknown, but most likely it was pneumonia/breathing issues from smoking. The last couple days have been very difficult to those of us who were close to him, and I know many of you knew him as I did and will take this very hard. Know that he was loved and in the end, I believe that he died at peace, in his house where he would have wanted it. The funeral arrangements have been made and I am sure he would have wanted as many Jeeps at his funeral as humanly possible. The wake will be held at the Eaton Funeral Home on Center st in Newton on friday from 4 to 7pm. The funeral will be held there on saturday at 10am. I hope to see you all there, if anyone wants more information feel free to call (508)517-7055

Jeep on Ron
Last edited by Seth on Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scott
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: XJ Cherokee

Re: Ron

Unread post by Scott »

Thanks for posting the info Seth! Ron will surly be missed by us all. We did get word the other day from Pat and was awaiting the arrangement info, Thanks again, my sincere condolences to you and his family. If there is anything we can do to help, if there is a cause we can donate to... please let us know.
DOUG
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2020
Jeep Model: JT Gladiator

Unread post by DOUG »

Is the Funeral on Saturday?
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Seth

Unread post by Seth »

Yeah, my bad. Corrected it
Carl McFly
BSJ Member
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by Carl McFly »

Seth - my condolences to you and Ron's family. He was a class act, and he'll be missed

Thanks for the update and you can count on this TJ seeing him off on Saturday
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

The full address of the Funeral Home:

Eaton & Mackay Funeral Home
465 Centre Street
Newton, MA 02458
617-244-2034
Carl McFly wrote:X2, I agree with Joe. And not just because he's man candy
BSJ President 2003 - 2005
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

Im cross posting this from the thread in the members only forum....
DDewar53 wrote:The obituary lists the Saturday funeral as being at the funeral home, which is a mile or two away from the church mentioned in Seth's post.
http://www.eatonfuneralhomes.com/Obituaries.html
Anybody know which is correct? I guess we'd better show up early, so we can check both

Donna and I plan on attending on Saturday.
I just called the funeral home and they said that originally it was going to be at the church, but the family changed their mind. the funeral will be at Eaton Funeral home on saturday. I plan on coming to the funeral Saturday as well....
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
Pat C
BSJ Trails Committee Member
Jeep Year: 2019
Jeep Model: JL Wrangler

Unread post by Pat C »

I am hoping that I can meet up with someone going to the wake on Friday. I happen to have Friday off from work for minor surgery and,unfortunately,am committed to going to the NEA meeting on Sat because I am bringing some items they need.( I am sorry that I had to make that choice, I would have preferred to be in Newton).

Anyway, is anyone going to the wake on Friday night and can I meet up with you?, maybe off the Mass Pike or some other place that's fairly easy to access? I'll be coming from the Worcester area.

As time is short, please CALL me as soon as possible to firm up some plans. 508-596-4925
That's my cell and I am available until midnight tonight (Thurs). I will be home from surgery about 11:30 am ish on Friday, but leave a message and I'll call you back.

Thanks.
Pat
Pat C
BSJ Trails Committee Member
Jeep Year: 2019
Jeep Model: JL Wrangler

Unread post by Pat C »

Thanks, Don for calling me to make arrangements and also for the directions. Don got me thinking about asking for BSJ to be excused from the NEA meeting plus I was able to find a way to get the needed items to someone going to the meeting, so I will be able to go to the funeral on Sat. morning. Don also mentioned how bad the traffic will be out of Boston on a Fri. night and I don't do congested traffic well at night, so Sat will be a better option plus I'll get more rest after the surgery. So I will see you all on Saturday moring at Eaton's.

If anyone is doing a Saturday morning meeting spot along the Mass Pike eastbound, I'd like to meet up with you.

Thanks again, Don.
Pat
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

Pat C wrote:I am hoping that I can meet up with someone going to the wake on Friday.
Just spoke with Pat and we're 90% sure she'll ride over with me tomorrow.

Either way, I'll see you there. :cry:
Max
Jeep Year: 2004
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by Max »

This is so sad.
I am really going to miss seeing him. He was a great guy always ready to offer a helping hand.
Prayers for Ron.

Max
Seth

Unread post by Seth »

I changed my post to reflect the change. Its good, he never really liked church anyway.

If anyone would like to take the idea and run with it we would like to start a fund to donate some money to the funeral home to help cover the cost of all this. We would also like to help keep up the bills on his house while Brenda (who lived with him for the last 3 years) figures out what she is going to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

Thanks Seth, we have discussed doing something for his estate in the BOD forum. Still under discussion but we will probably set up a pay pal or something as well as something in the spring meeting to help with this... stay tuned....
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
Scott
Jeep Model: XJ Cherokee

Unread post by Scott »

Unfortunately I am unable to attend Saturday do to an event I'm running at a Petco for the animal shelter. I really feel bad that I can't go. Please forgive me. I implore the BOD to give generously to Ron's estate and also set up a Paypal account so we can all also contribute. I'm also thinking the 50/50 at the Rally (little ways off but...) will go to Ron also, I'll discuss that with the other chairs. The Rally has a Paypal account IF BSJ can't set one up for some reason, I'll make that available if needed.
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

Scott wrote: I really feel bad that I can't go. Please forgive me.
No need to feel bad man. Ron knows that we're all thinking about him.

When Norm passed, a few NE4W guys went through his stuff to inventory and sell it off to raise money for his family.

I know Ron had at least some Jeep/Truck stuff. A couple of us could do the same. NEOW and the NEA forums would be good places to post it.