Lift kit questions

Carl McFly
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Lift kit questions

Unread post by Carl McFly »

Looks like my 2" budget boost is shot, every day, I'm a little closer to stock height. I'm looking for a boost kit with springs, not pucks. I'm staying on 33's so a 2.5 - 3 inch lift will be good. Any recommendations? I'm also thinking of taking out the 1" BL when I do this
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
SidewaysTim
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2004
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Re: Lift kit questions

Unread post by SidewaysTim »

Carl, I have a set of 3" springs that are probably a little sagged otherwise they are safe and in good shape. Come and get them and save your money for a complete lift kit.
I am the foremost authority on my opinion.
Formerly FortyFour
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

If you want to look at Superlift I have a 50% off coupon for a lift I won at the fall crawl. Im very happy with the TJ and have a kit for the JK already. Six pack of beer and its yours....
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
ChrisD
Jeep Year: 2003

Unread post by ChrisD »

All depends on what your budget is. Before making my purchase, I had read up and compared lift kits. IMO The BDS 3" kit that Lou sells is definitely one way to go. The kit comes with everything you will need; only downside is you might need a TC drop.

You might not need the 1" TC drop if you have a 1" MML
del_TJ
Jeep Year: 1998

Unread post by del_TJ »

Chris wrote:The BDS 3" kit that Lou sells is definitely one way to go. The kit comes with everything you will need; only downside is you might need a TC drop.

You might not need the 1" TC drop if you have a 1" MML
x2 on the BDS 3" kit. The coils haven't sagged after driving around for 1-1/2 years with a hard top on. I needed the TC drop even with a 1"MML, but it seems that every Jeep is a little different. I ditched the TC drop this past summer when Lou put in a SYE kit - and a bellyup too ;)
DDewar53
Jeep Year: 1990
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by DDewar53 »

I've installed 2 of them - one in my old TJ, 1 in Matt's TJ. Easy to install, complete kits, and the nice thing about BDS is they stand behind their stuff. I used BDS on my YJ as well, when I decided that 3" wasn't big enough I took the springs off and dropped them off at Lou's. He exchanged them for 5" springs, I only had to pay shipping.
There was nothing wrong with them but BDS swapped them out anyway. Great company, great products.
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert A. Heinlein
nostaw

Unread post by nostaw »

BDS has a lifetime no-hassle warranty on their springs... You can basically return them any time for any reason and they don't make it hard to do. If you plan to buy new I'd really look hard at BDS.

Similar to Don's story, when I was considering an upgrade of my overall lift (I have BDS leaf springs) Lou indicated all I had to do was drop off the 3.5" springs and pay the difference on a set of (new) 4.5" springs.

JW
Carl McFly
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2000

Unread post by Carl McFly »

Tim - can't pass up that deal. Thanks! I can meet you somewhere Thursday or if you're going to the fall meeting, you want to bring them? Or I can meet you after the meeting, LMK what works for you

Jeff - thanks, but the Superlift kits are 2" (been there, done that) or the next one is 4.5", not ready to go there. Yet.. (dot, dot, dot)

Thanks for all the info guys and if (when) I go all big-dog, it's definitely going to be with BDS. Looks like they have the best warranty AND customer service to back their products
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
SidewaysTim

I'll bring them to the meeting.
Formerly FortyFour
wesley4x4
Jeep Year: 1999

Unread post by wesley4x4 »

wont a rubicons springs give you a 2.5" lift?
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
Haters, they don't have 4 bangers, and aren't JDM like me!
SidewaysTim

wesley4x4 wrote:wont a rubicons springs give you a 2.5" lift?
:lol:
Formerly FortyFour
wesley4x4
Jeep Year: 1999

Unread post by wesley4x4 »

fortyfour wrote:
wesley4x4 wrote:wont a rubicons springs give you a 2.5" lift?
:lol:
just relaying information that others have told me... also ZJ coils give you lift i heard
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
Haters, they don't have 4 bangers, and aren't JDM like me!