Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Re: Tires. What to buy

Unread post by nhdcoye »

fortyfour wrote:
Carl McFly wrote:
ZAEDOCK wrote:M-I-C...K-E-Y....

not mouse, Claws.

My 38x15.5" Baja Claws have held up great and have been beaten to absolute death..........
They do make the radials in 33x12.5".
I'm running Super Swamper LTB's but next time around I'm looking at Claws. If I had a DD I'd look at something more tame.... but this only see's the street driving to trails
I've seen WAAAYYYY too many sidewall slices in Baja Claws once they get some mileage on 'em.
I love my claws :D as they chew up the mixed rock,roots, sand, stumps and mud we typically see here in the NE.
They realy do claw their way up hills and obstacles :mrgreen:
I run the 33 x 12.5 Baja's but I made the mistake of going with aluminum rims. The rim beads get beat up on the rocks and make razor like cuts in the sidewalls while aired down. I now file my rims after each run to help eliminate the potential sidewall mishaps.

I run tubes At $26 each and was looking at filling with foam
http://www.tiresinternational.net/foamfilled.htm
Last edited by nhdcoye on Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
92 YJ 6Cyl > 3 " lift, ford 8.8 SOA on XJ springs with Aussie out back, D30 with alloy 30's and ARB up front 4:56. 35 MTR's, 10K Winch, SYE ,traction bar, onBd Air and lots of gently used skids
nostaw

Re: Tires. What to buy

Unread post by nostaw »

Like Carl said, the Swamper LTBs are great offroad, but they are a rough tire on the road -- they're an old school bias ply mud tire with minimal road manners. Once they get warmed up they run smoothly, but they make a lot of noise.

JW