JL Steering Upgrade

Famof5Jeep
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2020
Jeep Model: JL Wrangler

JL Steering Upgrade

Unread post by Famof5Jeep »

I’d love some feedback from the more experienced members.

Just back from the Catskills, had a blast but I threw out the alignment of the stock steering for the 2nd time this year. No bends just off center. I’m thinking of upgrading to either RPM or Synergy hardware (draglink and tie rod). The Jeep is a EcoD Rubicon 4Dr w 2.5” Clayton, 37s and a Fox ATS.

I’d welcome feedback on the drag link, tie rod and caster. I drive a LOT and prefer a firmer handle on the highway. Current caster mid/high 5s, ATS is full stiff.

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Famof5Jeep on Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KenCal
BSJ BOD Director at Large
Jeep Year: 2012
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Re: JL Steering Upgrade

Unread post by KenCal »

It doesn't take much of a bend in the drag link to through the steering wheel off. I have the Teraflex monster drag link and tie rod. Very heavy duty and best part they are greaseable both ends and adjustable without having to remove one end. Pricy, but what isn't. Check them out.
Car Jack
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2014
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Re: JL Steering Upgrade

Unread post by Car Jack »

I bent my JKU stock tie rod at Brookridge and just bought a metal cloak. Holy cow....cromoly and way bigger diameter. Actual adjustment (the stock one was rusted in place) and of course grease fittings on the included tie rod ends. Expensive but in my opinion, worth it. I didn't get the drag link because if it's not broken, I tend not to fix it. I did see that MC does sell a package of the 2 and my email this morning said something about a site-wide 15% discount. Maybe worth signing up with them, getting the email and saving some money.