1979 Jeep CJ7

mcox
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1979
Jeep Model: CJ7

1979 Jeep CJ7

Unread post by mcox »

1979 Jeep CJ7 for Sale with 33,202 miles

I bought this Jeep back in 2006 from someone in PA, where it already had the fiberglass body and ran just fine, but a lot of things were rusted out. Still has the original 258 engine, and it says 33,202 on the odometer. Your guess is as good as mine on whether the odometer has already gone around once yet or not. It didn't while I had it.

Soon after I bought it I did a major overhaul of it, which I don't remember all the details on, but a few of the things at the time were:

- New frame :shock:
- New springs / shocks
- New gas tank
- New steering column
- New brake lines
- New starter
- Added a 2 inch lift

I drove it as my weekender vehicle while living in Maryland, and then for a short time after moving to the Boston area. But now years have gone by and I haven't driven it in probably 10 years. Looking to get it out of my driveway where it has been sitting just like this in the photo. It doesn't start right now, but it did from time to time when I've worked on it. Last time was probably 3 years ago. I just went out to try and and it looks like some electrical issues are keeping me from confirming. Never had problems with the engine though and it looks like its still holding oil. Definitely needs some work though to get it road worthy.

I would love to have it find a home with another Jeep enthusiast. PM me for additional details. Thanks.
Attachments
IMG_9641.jpg