Anyone Running Cooper SST Pros?

BlackKnight
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Anyone Running Cooper SST Pros?

Unread post by BlackKnight »

Looking at my next tire selection (for this spring), and my local shop has access to 37x13.5x17 Cooper SST Pros for around the same price I was going to get the Milestar Patagonia 38x13.5x17 MTs.

Is anyone running them?
What do you think?
Would you buy them again?

bob
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars
Modeler
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Re: Anyone Running Cooper SST Pros?

Unread post by Modeler »

I've run the 35x12.5x15 on my LJ. Liked them but they got very loud near the end of life. Balanced and rode well on the road, no issues on the trails/mud. Not the best snow MT I've run, Toyos were my best in that regard.
Speed costs money, how slow do you want to go?
BlackKnight
BSJ Member

He has access to the Toyos also, but they upped the price by $150/tire (+$750 for the 5).

Need to have good road manners, Loudness doesn't hurt me much, can deal with that as long as they were good for the rest...

Thanks,
Bob
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars
ImNotCassie
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2011

Unread post by ImNotCassie »

I have Cooper Discovery STT Pros and I'm very happy with them.
-Cassandra
2011 Silver/Black JK

It's never a mannequin!!
https://talkingtruecrime.podbean.com
Wranglerguy78
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2017

Unread post by Wranglerguy78 »

I've looked at these too, how are they on icy roads?
BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

For Bob's question, I'd go with the 37 (36.77" actual) Cooper STT Pro as another "inch" of tire diameter won't make a huge difference vs the Milestar 38 (37.8" actual). I like the tread pattern better for the off-road traction.

As far as Dan's question, the better a tire is off-road, the worse it is on road. Both of the options noted above have large flat lugs with minimal siping, not a great recipe for icy roads as the more edges you have, the better grip you get.
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly
BlackKnight
BSJ Member

Thanks, Ish, Cassandra...

Pulling the trigger on the Coopers, once the tax return is in...
--
WeekendWrangler
BSJ Member

Unread post by WeekendWrangler »

Hi! I've also been running STT Pros

I have the 315 (metric, 34.5" actual) size, and LOVE LOVE LOVE them. Welcome to club cooper!
2013 JK 3.6L, 4.56 gears, double locked, 2.5" lift.
BlackKnight
BSJ Member

Thanks, Just pulled the trigger on the 37"x13.5"s now to get them mounted up on the rims, moving the 35" over to my other set of rims for Inspection passing :)
--
BlackKnight
BSJ Member

ROFLOL so heard back from the guy doing the tires. The Coopers jumped in price over $600 in the course of a month, but he did find that he could order the 38x13.5 Patagonias, so I guess I'm going to the Patagonias after all...

Just short of $2500 for 5, mounted and balanced. Add in the unmount and remount of the older 35"s onto the OEM rims and that's a good price...
--
BlackKnight
BSJ Member

Well, they are in!. Looks pretty damn good...

Took them out on the road/highway after getting her home and I love them. Even though they are MTs with a very aggressive tread pattern, they are very quiet on the road, Doesn't sound like a swarm of angry bees coming after me...
--
Jonny09
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2009

Unread post by Jonny09 »

They look great. Been real happy with my 35 Patagonias. 38s are quite large but the Jeep looks awesome.

By the way, what to you have on there for fender flares?
BlackKnight
BSJ Member

Jonny09 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:25 pm By the way, what to you have on there for fender flares?
They are Bushwacker Flat Fenders. All plastic, Will eventually move to some Steel/Aluminum ones. But for now, they are great.
--